Can I build a wall around my land where no one can see on it ?

DarkAngel Twine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

So long as the wall is on your land, yes.  If you are on a private sim, check the covenant or talk with your landlord to be sure that there are no restrictions about how close to the edge of a parcel you can build.  If  you are hoping to keep people from looking into your parcel, though, you ought to know that no wall is going to do that.  I have a wall around my parcel too, but it's purely decorative.  Anyone with a cam -- and that's everyone -- can see what's on the other side.  The way to prevent them looking is to open About Land >> Options and UNcheck the box that says Allow Residents on other parcels to - See and chat with residents on this parcel.  Once you've done that, people can cam as much as they like.  They can marvel over your garden and your housekeeping, but they can't see you, even if there's no wall there at all.

• Like 4

Can you build a wall? Sure. You can even buy a wall, and just rez it around, and over, your property, creating a box. However, that DOES NOT keep people from seeing inside your property. It's pretty easy to just cam straight through. (Plus, if you don't get a good one, it's seriously UGLY from the outside. I always want to cam through those just for that reason; but then, I'm mean that way.) Can you hide your land as a whole - as in, hide the whole parcel and/or everything on it? No. You can use a skybox, which are harder to see because they're harder to GET TO without a direct landmark. Or you can set parcel privacy in the About Land section, and make it so that residents not on the parcel can't see or speak to those who are. They can still see the land, and all the lovely things you have rezzed on it, but they can't see YOU, or your guests.

I recommend setting your parcel privacy to hide avatars on the land from avatars who are not. They can still see you on the radar, but they can't actually see your avatar while you're on your parcel. Personally, I have a small fence around my small cottage. Anyone can see in, because it's a short fence; but they can't see me.

• Like 3

You can...but please don't!  So-called "privacy screens" are even uglier than the old rotating ad farms, and they don't really keep anyone from looking in.

If you want privacy, build a skybox above 1,000 m, and set the Privacy feature in About Land/Options to make avatars on your parcel invisible to those outside it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.