Lolas Tops WITH Nipples... Help!

Ava Rage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have Lolas and I love them, but I am having the ahrdest time getting both tops and nipples to show. Sometimes I get it together and have both (so I know it's totally possible), but that's a fumbling clicking accident and I don't actually know how to do this. 

Let's say I have a corset top with low cups, exposing the nipples. This is what I'm doing:

1/ Load the applier

2/ Wear the shirt

3/ Click the Lolas

4/ Choose "Dress Top"

5/ Click the applier: "Press to Apply: Top"

At this point, the top goes on, and the nipples... disappear.

This happens with both the default Lola's nipples and custom nipples for my skin.

Help, Lola's wearers: what am I doint wrong? :matte-motes-frown:

I actually have no idea, but you can ask in the Lola Tango clothing group. I remember this topic coming up not too long ago. If you find the answer, it would be great if you could post it here; I'm curious as well. It's not a style of top I wear often, but for the days I want to, it would be good to know how!

Because it covers with the lotion to hide them....

when you apply the top, it covers them.. If your nips show it is because there is a transparency in the "dress top" texture provided..... It would look really sick if nipps applied over the top..

Or, the person who made the top didnt use a transparency and it covers the shirt template with no transparency, from collar bone to underarms, in which case.. add some alpha to your dresstop.

There may be a few ways to get this working, but its hard to say with out seeing what's actually going on.

First, Back up your tangos immediately.  Make sure you have a copy of them in their current state seperate from the one you are about to edit.

Second, Edit the copy.  Second Life comes with a handy dandy feature in the build menu called, "Undo." You can use this feature by using ctrl + Z (or apple + Z if you're on a mac) to move any prims you may have moved back into their original state.  (You may have to do this a few times depending on how much you move the prim to tweak it.  Becareful though, Undo only goes so far.)

Third, If you start tearing apart the Tango breasts piece by piece you'll see that there are actually many layers to it.  Using the "Select Face" and "Edit Linked" features in the build menu at the same time you can pull the breasts and their corrosponding pieces apart by moving them out of the way, off to the side, ect.  If I can remember right,  there's a tank top layer, a bikini layer, a nipple layer, and the actual breasts themselves.  Please keep in mind that these are the only layers you're going to have for them.

Fourth, You can (without using the hud or scripts supplied) get these textures to show up by going into textures (in the build menu tabs) and changing the transparency to 0% instead of 100. With this you may be able to layer the pieces that you want appropriately.

The Problem:  Second Life Alpha Textures glitch like mad on mesh. Currently there is no fix for this.  So the corset that you're wearing that might show your nipples might only show half of them because the alphas glitch. 

Unfortunately, this is about all the help I can offer. x.x I hope it wasn't too confusing!! 

I say depends also on which skin applier you are using at the time, but also some clothes show the top of the nipples, therefore the applier has a transparency, if it is a low cut, should show a bit of nipple, what I did a few times when i had trouble, after wearing the top i go back to nipple part of the hud and press for example  Normal, and it shows for some reason, now I use mostly LUSH i havent had the same dilema

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.