Accounts linked to email

gerit99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Do you mean accounts or avatars?  To my knowledge one can only have one SL account per email but multiple avatars.

To check the email address for your avatars, go to your SL dashboard and click Account -> Contact Information.  You will see the email attached to the avatar.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Do you mean accounts or avatars?  To my knowledge one can only have one SL account per email but multiple avatars.

To check the email address for your avatars, go to your SL dashboard and click Account -> Contact Information.  You will see the email attached to the avatar.

Now I'm confused! :P

You can have several avatars (SL accounts) per email. Each avatar (SL account) can only have one email, is this what is being said?

gerit99 wrote:

How can I detect all accounts linked to my email? It only showed me this one, but I know I have two other accounts on it. It was hard to find the right forum.

Do you mean you tried to retrieve your Second Life username but only got one name back? There is this warning at the Password and Account Information page:

32px-KBwarning.png Warning: If you registered multiple Second Life accounts with the same email address, you will be able to retrieve the username of only your first account. This is a known system limitation. Before you ever have to use this form, write down your usernames somewhere you'll remember!

Ansariel Hiller wrote:

You can have more accounts tied to one email address. At least up to 5.

One SL account tied to one email address can have up to at least 5 avatars.  The main avatar plus any alts are tied to the one email address.

I *have* heard of people who wished to create more than 5 (or whatever the current number is) avatars say they have used a different email address.  That sounds like creating a separate account.

Amethyst, where are you?

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Now I'm confused!
:P

You can have several avatars (SL accounts) per email. Each avatar (SL account) can only have one email, is this what is being said?

I may be mistaken on this and hope someone comes along to clarify...but I have always considered accounts and avatars as separate entities.  In the MMORPGs I have played that require payment per month, one creates an account with the game then, under that account, can create however many alts the game allows.  I know many people who "dual-box," meaning they run multiple instances of the game and thus can log in more than one of their avatars at a time; however, to do this requires creating another account (and paying for the second account as well) since more than one avatar from the same account cannot be logged in simultaneously

SL may use the term accounts and avatars differently given that one can join for free and one can log in as many of their alts simultaneously as their PC will allow. ;)

Would really like to know this for sure myself.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Now I'm confused!
:P

I may be mistaken on this and hope someone comes along to clarify...but I have always considered accounts and avatars as separate entities.  In the MMORPGs I have played that requires payment per month one creates an account with the game, then under that account can create however many alts the game allows.  I know many people who "dual-box," meaning they run multiple instances of the game and thus can log in more than one of their avatars at a time; however, to do this requires creating another account (and paying for the second account as well).

SL may use the term accounts and avatars differently; that was just my understanding of it. 
:)

Each avatar is a Second Life account. For example, Charolotte Caxton and Charolotte Resident are both mine, but they are two separate Second Life accounts. Each account can have several avatars only in so much as Charolotte Caxton could be a mesh cat one minute and then a human avatar the next.

Only 5 accounts are allowed per household, that is why they say 5 per email address, actually you can have as many as you want, but after 5 you run the risk of being charged a fee for each account over 5, although I have never heard of an instance in which this was enforced.

One human can have an infinite amount of emails. Each email may have several accounts, each avatar is a separate account. 

Eta: So yes, what you said :)

Lolwat? Read Charlotte's explanation! There is nothing like a main account there other accounts are tied to. Each avatar (each username so to say) is an individual account and there comes the household rule into play. And that states 5 account per household, where household used to be a combination of email address and MAC/IP address.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Did you read my explanation based on the MMORPGs I've played in the past?  I think I was fairly detailed in that post and stated I wasn't sure if SL considered accounts in the same manner.

Is lolwat a word?!?

Yes, it means laughing out loud, what?

It is not an acronym, but an actual word.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lolwat

Sometimes the acronyms Lol Wut are used in its place.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/lolwut

Hahaha, what?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.