Adding black nail polish to my avatar in the Edit Apearance mode.

Kimiika

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Those nails have been most likely either texture layers, or attached objects.
If you can not find them try this: use the search function in your inventory and search for names related to 'nail, nails, polish' etc
Once you found them you can choose wear or add by rightclicking the item in the inventory.

Or did you mean you have been choosing them from i.e. the gloves section in editmode and then choosing a certain texture? (this texture u could also try to search in your inventory)

here some infos on how to use your inventory: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-your-inventory/ta-p/1370823

PS: also it might just be a temporary issue and the items are just not completely loaded in your inventory - a relog (leave SL and close it, and then reopen and log back in) or cleaning of your cache could fix it.

Choose Me > Preferences. Then Click the Advanced tab. Click Clear Cache  - Exit and close SL - Restart SL, wait a moment until your inventory has fully loaded again.

I don't remember any way to add black nailpolish through the Edit Appearance window. I could be misremembering, of course, but I can't think of how that would be done. I believe you can, if your skin is modifiable, add some make-up in Edit Appearance, but I don't believe nailpolish is on that list.

You can purchase glove layers to add nailpolish, and I'm sure there a system glove for black out there. Personally, I highly recommend prim nails. Most of them are texture change via HUD so you can get multiple looks, from a neutral "naked" nail to the black polish you want and everything in between. They look better than the nails on the system avatar mesh, in my opinion.

Just my two cents, of course.

Kimiika,

As a part time model in SL I prefer to use scripted prim-nails in SL. These are well shaped nails with different trim features from long-point tips to casual natural cuts. The best of the lot allow you to change the color to match your moods. Yes, stylish black is one of the options available on some of these nails

They usually have a skin colored glove layer + 2 prim nail hand attachments. The scripts are active unfortunately but necessary. This allows the active placement of the nails on you fingertips when you hands are moved by other animation scripts. They also usually come with a HUD to select the color and  accents you want.

Wicked Sexy Fun Look!

Sexy Black Nails.jpg

You can add nail polish, and other makeup, with the Appearance menu ONLY when using a default skin.  Unfortunately, these skins are horrible looking (and so, in my opinion, is the makeup you can achieve with the Appearance sliders.)

Most decent-looking skins are No Modify, and you can't change them with the Appearance sliders.  You can, however, change the makeup, either by wearing a different skin from that maker (usually, several makeups are offered) or by wearing makeup tattoos.

Nails are of two types.  One is "glove" nails.  A nail polish color is painted on a glove texture layer.  These are, as several others have said, not very pretty or detailed, because the avatar mesh is not very detailed.  They do, however, have two advantages:  They are usually quite inexpensive, and they don't come off at awkward moments.

Prim nails are very pretty.  However, they usually cost a bit more than glove nails, and they can pop off your fingers and float in the air, if you engage in an animation that causes you to curl your fingers.  Also, if you want to pick up a drink, hold a weapon, or wear a ring, they can pop clean off and back into your inventory if you choose "wear" for the new item instead of "add".

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.