the mysterious podyan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

is this M sim called Podyan owned by Governor Linden and set to Maintenance group

sometimes it kinda mysteriously shows up in Zindra continent for a time. and then disappears. it come and go and nobody know. like the poem

is here today again. is nothing on it this time. just the buoy which I am sitting on. in the background is next sim with the Adult infohub on

sometimes tho when it do comes it has stuff on it. like bits and pieces that owned by the lindens in the Maintenance group. less well-known by its sekrit name: The Ancient Order of Janitors Local 41. this name less well-known bc I just made it up now (:

dunno why Podyan comes and then goes tho. or where it go to when is not here

maybe is the lair of Magellan Linden. he in that eskrit group. probably not. just maybe. but if it is then imma gunna catch him one day (:

+

anyways here is the pic

podyan.jpg

Last I heard Podyan was set to become a welcome area for ZIndra. Like a stepping stone or bridge into the adult world of SL.

Edit - I found the link I read previously.

https://sites.google.com/site/zindrabusiness/home/zindra-quickstart-welcome-center-to-zindra-and-adult-sl

Edit again...I really like the way you described it, makes it sound like the island out of Lost. However by the looks of it, Podyan has failed to meet it's full potential....again, just like Lost.

cool thanks. didn't know about that

it not always on the map. Podyan. hardly ever. last time I came here was maybe about that time in that article

was some stuff on it then but I never got any pic then. so when I was looking at the map I saw it and came to see what is

am pretty sure this buoy the northern most fixed structure on mainland that not Adult. the sign on Adult Sandbox is further north altogether tho

Porky Gorky wrote:

Last I heard Podyan was set to become a welcome area for ZIndra. Like a stepping stone or bridge into the adult world of SL.

Edit - I found the link I read previously.

Edit again...I really like the way you described it, makes it sound like the island out of Lost. However by the looks of it, Podyan has failed to meet it's full potential....again, just like Lost.

Its what he said... but maybe he didnt said it.... 

who knows ? :smileywink:

The Lindens have a way of hiding sims on the grid so they are not seen but are still there. You probably remember that it used to be that if you had a private island you could elect if it showed on the grid or not. 

Maybe LL is conducting secret experiments there and they are making it disappear when they are doing that. 

or

Maybe its like those mythic isles that wander the world for some cosmic reason that us poor humans can't know and appears occasionally to pick up all the runaway meeroos and unwanted breedables to take them to a safe place.

or

Maybe it just crashes and since it is an empty sim no one reports it for a while.:smileyvery-happy:

It probably doesn't help that Podyan is one of the sims (along with the neighboring Nelsonia) that disappears from the map at zoom level 3. I'm not sure why I didn't notice those when I finally got around to reporting that very long-standing bug with other Zindra regions, which I suspect have never been visible at that zoom level at any time since the continent was created.

Every time the map update process goes off the rails, I try to mention these missing edges of Zindra in hopes that they'll get fixed, too, but it hasn't worked so far.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Maybe LL is conducting secret experiments there and they are making it disappear when they are doing that. 

or

Maybe its like those mythic isles that wander the world for some cosmic reason that us poor humans can't know and appears occasionally to pick up all the runaway meeroos and unwanted breedables to take them to a safe place.

I like them explanations. jejejjeje (:

lol my brains going off already thinking about all them sekrit experiments them janitors maybe upto lol (:

+

and even more lol. like you say

Podyan is maybe some kinda big truck that gets driven round kidnapping runaway meeroos and kittens and other lost things. maybe even some newbie avatars sometimes. (:

like o.m.g. !!! theres another poor wee lost thing. quick !!! jump out and chuck it in the back before anyone sees you. and then brrrmm !!! off down the road to find the next poor wee lost thing and kidnap that one. jejejejeje (:

then they take them to this even more sekrit place where they dumped off. like some other even more mysterious heaveny griddy place where all virtual things go when they die (:

except when they not die. then they get dumped off at this ginormous orphanage maybe (:

+

or maybe is like really horrible

like they all get taken to this place where they all ground up into grid prim pixels. so that we can reuse them when we create new prims. bc grid prim pixels maybe not truly virtual unlimited like we been told. and the ancient order of janitors have to keep renewing the supply. and only the 41 lindens janitors in that group ever allowed to know this and not any old linden

is maybe not true this. like maybe never. but it might be

ewww! lol jejejeje (:

While ago I scouted a sailrace course on Zindra. The buoy in Podyan we used as a marker (thing you turn around with your boat) and I had a really hard time making map for that course because Podyan was come and go. Methinks is just the old mapbug. Same as Gaeta V where there is a huge gap in the map, going all thru that peanut shaped continent. Or various other places ... basically the whole world is come and go these days. When you zoom in/out sometimes the sims show up for a split second and then poof again. Is a regular pita that is. :smileysurprised:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.