A WEBSITE CALLED SECONDLIFESAFEASSIST.COM IS THIS A SL SITE, THEY BEEN GRIEFING US

Dina Loordes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

WE HAVE BEEN BEING GRIEFED BY AVATARS WITH THIS WEBSITE IN THEIR PROFILES AND TAGS SAY RANDOMIZED IS THIS AGAINST TOS FOR AVATARS WITHOUT THE LINDEN NAME TO HAVE THIS WEBSITE WWW.SECONDLIFESAFEASSIST.COM THAT SAYS TO EMAIL THEM IF YOU NEED HELP... SEEMS TO ME THEY ARE GRIEFERS DOING OTHER PEOPLES DIRTY WORK..

yes sorry about caps, we have also reported, i guess im more or less trying to get lindens attn to this issue, this is the 1st time ive posted here

5 answers to this question

It's not against the ToS, but it is, I believe, contrary to LL's trademark policy.  You can Abuse Report them.

In addition, if they are urging people to click that link, they may be running a phishing scam.  In this case, though, I don't believe so.  I went to the website, and was not asked to enter my user name and password, as a phishing site would do.

What they ARE is a vigilante group.  These groups like to think they are the "SL Police", and go around trying to get rid of griefers.  Unfortunately, they have no actual authority, and also a lot of them turn into "protection rackets"...you know, "Hire us to keep you safe, or...something bad could happen to you."

On balance, if they are going around being a nuisance, I would Abuse Report them.

But you yourself have committed a violation of the Forum standards.  Please edit your post and remove the names of the avatars, or you could win yourself a suspension.

• Like 2

Dina Loordes wrote:

[...]

yes sorry about caps, we have also reported, i guess im more or less trying to get lindens attn to this issue, this is the 1st time ive posted here

Unfortunately, you can't get the Lindens' attention by posting here.  We are all SL residents, just like you.  Lindens never come here.  If you want to call attention to a suspected TOS violation, the way to do it is to file an Abuse Report, which you have done.

To Everyone here in sl,

This group is impersonating the original SafeAssist in sl.  When the domain name slsafeassist.com expired, the original SafeAssist did not renew the domain name and these impersonators took it to try to discredit the original SafeAssist.  Do not fall for their schemes and they have been reported to LL.  Also Pauv Resident with the display name Pauv Evanier is NOT the original Pauv Evanier.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4213 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.