The Picture Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Icarus

Oh wow! i totally agree with Val !! brillant !!

LOL Madelaine.  :matte-motes-shocked: :matte-motes-dont-cry:

(I guess for the next similar snapshot it's safer for me to use my winged monster avatar.)  :matte-motes-evil-invert:  :smileyvery-happy:

LadyFandango wrote:

Hi Trinity,

I agree with you.  The original photo needed some depth. :smileyhappy:

Long story short, when I first joined SL, my old laptop, affectionately dubbed "Old Wheezy" didn't meet SL specs (but I was here anyways, LOL).  I used low draw distance, low graphic setting or else I crashed.  Many of my older photos were taken with it but seem 'flat' to me, like this raw shot. 

I got a new computer last year so it's been a bit like a Brave New World all over again :smileytongue:

Well here is my point of view...

althought sl engine is great, the main purpose of SL is not the same purpose as a pic editor software... I agree, with a great comp and, above all, a great graph card, you can do fantastic pics... But i dont think it will never be same powerful than with a great RL camera...

The purpose of pic editor software is precisely to work on pics... Things that SL engine will never be able to do... it can do some lil things like DOV... but it has to do so many other things, that im pretty sure that a  profesional photoshoper can make better DOV within pshop than any great comp could ever get within SL.

I like raws of course.. There is not a single day that im not amazed by raws in the feeds or in flickr...It takes more than the quality of the comp for doing an amazing pic... Some persons have THE eyes, the talent... but not everyone has... so the more often, i of course enjoy to look at raws, they are lovely... but i cant help thinking they could be so more outstanding if they were a lil improved, or fixed by a post processing.

That is for light post processings.... 

Then there are also post processings that are a whole creation in themselves, where the purpose is not only to fix and improve, but also, to create something over the raw... the raw just become a material used and the result may be totally different...

that said... your raw, is already lovely... your edited version is more than lovely... its gorgeous.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Both pics are really great Val !!! but why does everyone talk about fall  ? we are only september the 4th and fall wont be here before end of the month... Here, its still same weather like in july or august... So no. Fall is not for today :smileywink:

Thank you sweetie! The fact is, Fall is my favorite time of the year. Loving the colors so much! So I set my land to autumn mode already, taking a bit of advance on RL. :smileyhappy: Yay for mushrooms!!! :D

Recently, while exploring, i went to Little Andalucia and found this abandoned boat. So it inspired me this pic "Oblivion".

Oblivion.jpg

Well... Not sure it was really abandoned lol.. this was my interpretation indeed... But sill it has a great vew over the sea...Like it was here now, not moving anymore, and crying about all its memory of travels over the sea... Like when we abandon some great plans or hopes and we remain here looking at them, crying on them, but not able to reach them...

• Like 2

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Recently, while exploring, i went to Little Andalucia and found this abandoned boat. So it inspired me this pic "Oblivion".

Oblivion.jpg

Well... Not sure it was really abandoned lol.. this was my interpretation indeed... But sill it has a great vew over the sea...Like it was here now, not moving anymore, and crying about all its memory of travels over the sea... Like when we abandon some great plans or hopes and we remain here looking at them, crying on them, but not able to reach them...

I always love your pictures so much Trin. So unique and creative! :heart:

Soon the mornings and nights will become chilly. I've decided to set up a barn for my horses so they are not too cold. It will be especially useful when winter comes and the whole sim will turn to snow. But we are not there yet! :smileyhappy:

barn.jpg

a smell of Autumn.jpg

And, these hay balls are fun to play with! Nice poses!

great balls of hay!.jpg

hay.jpg

• Like 1

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Here are some pictures I took today out at
Skye Neist Point!

Skye Neist Point 11.png

Peace!

i saw them in your feed ant they are really beautiful. the place is indeed really gorgeous, and like Val, i cant go there without buying smth lol...

My favorite remain the one above... your pic looks like a so tempting invitation to explore this place . you caught almost all the main with this pic ! great shot! 

valerie Inshan wrote:

Soon the mornings and nights will become chilly. I've decided to set up a barn for my horses so they are not too cold. It will be especially useful when winter comes and the whole sim will turn to snow. But we are not there yet! :smileyhappy:

barn.jpg

a smell of Autumn.jpg

And, these hay balls are fun to play with! Nice poses!

great balls of hay!.jpg

hay.jpg

your place looks like a lil heaven .... absolutely the place to be ....

and your pics render this pretty well with their warm colors and a great clarity... Great job, it really gives willing to install me there lol.....

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

your place looks like a lil heaven .... absolutely the place to be ....

and your pics render this pretty well with their warm colors and a great clarity... Great job, it really gives willing to install me there lol.....

Thank you Trin! I will settle a low tier along with a good prims allowance for you if you move in! :D

Lol Val... what i had in mind was more ... err..... to squat you home lol....not to rent....:smileytongue:

I made another pic yesterday, "Moonlight", it was a private sim, but the owner opened it for somedays... 

Moonlight.jpg

ETA : im going to try to go back to fashion design. My store has been selected for participate in a big fair in october (Bitacora fair) and ill need new creations for this purpose. So i wont be able to create so many pics than usually, i hope ill be able still to make one from time to time.. but ill keep watching closely at all your wonderful pics in this thread of course :smileyhappy:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.