Regarding Hair Resizer

MinkBlueleaf Fyrewik

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

borked.jpg

I purchased hair from *insert company name here*.  I tried out the demo, resizer worked so great, I purchased the full version.  Sadly on some of the hair color variations included in the box, the resizer did what is pictured in the image attachment above.  Has this happened to anyone else and does anyone else know what might cause such an issue where some of the prims balloon out larger than the other prims when using resizer?  It is a mystery to me why one color variation hair with resizer would work great, but another color variation hair with resizer included would not work the same.  I love a good mystery but this one I cannot solve.  Could the script become corrupted if like used in too many objects or something?

That's really...strange. I have no idea what would cause it, but I would imagine - or hope, at least - an IM to the creator along with the pictures should have them trying to fix the issue for you.

ETA: Some items have two options - This Prim and All Prims. If you choose This Prim, only one prim with change size; could that have happened?

I have experienced resizers who fail that way, yes. I don not know if it's due to a script error in them, or SL that can have a problem in certain sims just then.

When resizers was a new thing, some creators put advice wit them, that they should not be used if you were lagging in a sim, but go to a more quiet sim for resizing.  And your avatar must not move while you use the resizer. Standing still in appearance is best to prevent this. I would say that you shpuld unpack more hairs and try them again. Try to resize them in the hair store, where the demo resizer worked well? 

If that fails too, contact the creator and let him/her look at the mess the resizer makes out of your hair. Then it is probably not a laggy sim that's to blame. They should be happy to know about it, if it happens to you it can happen to others. Not good for business if a resizer script has gone wild.

If its a linkset resizer (only 1 script for the whole linkset) it can happen that if its not in the "main prim" then the script mess when its activated.

if the hair is mod. try to see inside the content in wich prim the script is. if its an another prim than in the main one (the one that has the yellow halo) then try to see if you can copy it in your inventory, then delete the script in the hair fromt the resize menu and then drag the script again but in the main prim only. 

I use to work with this linkset resizer

its free and work great, just be carefull to put it in the main prim only. Its a low lag script, but its still better if you delete it from your hair one time you resized them (delete using the "delete" option in the script pop up menu). 

Since you ll have the script in your invent, you'll be able to reput it inside the content if you need to resize later, and you can use it with every other items you will need to resize.

--||-

you are welcome.

i use it in my creations and yes, sometimes it s better to edit yourself. But when you dont have skills for editing or for some items like hair or boots, its a good way. 

i always make my items mod and resizable, that way pp have both options to modify the item. If they are not at ease with one, they still can use the other. :smileywink:

(I did use the all prims option when resizing, not the this prim option - maybe they got mixed around somehow.)

Thanks y'all.  I will try out the suggestions.  I will also inform the creator what is happening. 

Edited to add:  Actually, there were no options for "all prims" or "this prim" in the resizer. I was remembering wrong and thus was incorrect in what I posted.

Tried suggestions but still confused on it.  I did put the new script in it and it worked, excellently.

Sometimes, resizers need a reset to sort them out. The creator may have made a small change to the item after the script was added, and if they changed the linkset, the script will behave like yours did. If you can't reset it yourself (if the item is no mod) contact the maker to do it. They may want to fix the items in their vendors, too, so will definitely want to know.

Tiffy Vella wrote:

Sometimes, resizers need a reset to sort them out. The creator may have made a small change to the item after the script was added, and if they changed the linkset, the script will behave like yours did. If you can't reset it yourself (if the item is no mod) contact the maker to do it. They may want to fix the items in their vendors, too, so will definitely want to know.

ah yes, definitevely. As a creator, i apreciate to be aware if smth is wrong with one of my items. 

but i think Raimi said she told the hair creator already :smileyhappy:

My guess would be that one or more prims have been moved or resized or otherwise adjusted since the last time the script was reset. 

Resizer scripts generally need to be reset if the prims have been edited manually.  If you have not edited any of the prims yourself, it's possible the creator had done so and forgot to reset all of the scripts before they packaged the hairs up for sale. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.