Whats going on images SLM?

Ekrei Bravin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• I've did a bit of research, I can-not find an answer.

•How come on my store on SLM, like 50% of my images are missing?

•How come it wont let me upload / show pictures in any format when trying to add it to an item? (.jpg wont even work wtf)

•I've tried firefox and chrome and the pictures are missing in both of them.

•Does anyone know whats going on? Are they going to fix this? Everything was fine up till around a week ago.

I suggest it's NOT on their end because the same thing has been happening to me. I use the most recent version of IE on Windows 8. It's also everyone's shop, not just theirs.

20-50% of all images intermittently show only placeholders on marketplace. Refreshing sometimes does the trick but people should not need to refresh every page to see the images. It's only the Linden website on which there are probs. So, no, it's not just on their end. And yes, it began about a week ago. Carry on mate.....

OK I just did an experiment. I looked at the op's listings on 2 OS's win7 and win8.

On both OS's I used the latest version of 4 different browsers. Firefox. IE, Chrome and Opera.

Using Win 7, everything is groovy for all 4 browsers.

Using Win 8 Firefox and Opera were fine, however with IE and Chrome I encountered this missing image problem both on the OP's listings and my listings and others too. 

So yeah, you are right, not a local problem. Didn't realise it yesterday as I was using Win7 when I checked

Porky Gorky wrote:

OK I just did an experiment. I looked at the op's listings on 2 OS's win7 and win8.

On both OS's I used the latest version of 4 different browsers. Firefox. IE, Chrome and Opera.

Using Win 7, everything is groovy for all 4 browsers.

Using Win 8 Firefox and Opera were fine, however with IE and Chrome I encountered this missing image problem both on the OP's listings and my listings and others too. 

So yeah, you are right, not a local problem. Didn't realise it yesterday as I was using Win7 when I checked

This is why I was delighted when Netscape folded and left us with just one major browser. Later I was very disappointed that other browsers reached the 'major' level of usership. I was a voice in the wilderness though.

Phil Deakins wrote:

This is why I was delighted when Netscape folded and left us with just one major browser. Later I was very disappointed that other browsers reached the 'major' level of usership. I was a voice in the wilderness though.

From my narrow minded perspective, in relation to the MP I think it's a good thing. The more problems the MP has, the better imo. I hope all of mine and everyone else's listings are effected and that we all loose sales as a result. Every issue and ongoing problem with the MP counts as a small victory for IW commerce. IW commerce does not have that many weapons in it's arsenal at the moment and it's best hope for winning the war is for the MP to keep on shooting it's self in the head as it has been recently. Hopefully It will die before SL does and we will see a resurgence in inworld commerce.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

From my narrow minded perspective, in relation to the MP I think it's a good thing. The more problems the MP has, the better imo. I hope all of mine and everyone else's listings are effected and that we all loose sales as a result. Every issue and ongoing problem with the MP counts as a small victory for IW commerce. IW commerce does not have that many weapons in it's arsenal at the moment and it's best hope for winning the war is for the MP to keep on shooting it's self in the head as it has been recently. Hopefully It will die before SL does and we will see a resurgence in inworld commerce. 

I don't disagree with any of that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4092 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.