Adult regions outnumber G-rated ones for the first time

Innula Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Syo Emerald wrote:

It IS often full of narrowminded persons. Even if you wear clothes, you will find people there who now think G rated means they can tell you what clothes you should wear. They even get a tiny heartattack when seeing beach clothes.

if we going to do sweeping generalisations then in some clubs and beaches on adult land where is clearly stated on the big sign by the landing point that clothing is optional then patrons who choose to exercise the option come under enormous pressure from some other patrons to show us your **bleep** or gtfo

they not full of. not on G or A. theres just some small number of people on both. altho it can seem like full of. if you keep going back to the same places where this is happening and always insist on taking the contrary position. somehow fighting for some rights which they haven't even got

Qie Niangao wrote:

As they gradually fixed the artificial barriers to Adult, it became the sole place where SL grew. I can see somebody concluding that, in its decline, SL is becoming more adult-oriented, but that would be wrong. It's just starting to work a bit more as designed.

pretty much yes

is tacit acceptance that there is a place for all on the grid. including under 18. the place inworld for under 18s is not on my sim. even if is only ever a plain bach by the sea or a cottage in the woods

+

edit add: the important thing in all this is that is the resident/customer determining this. not the linden company imposing it on us

G-rated sims shouldn't even exist. Direct contradiction to the rating of SL itself. Unless I'm mistaken SL is rated 18+? Do people see any video game in the market rated M where "violence/sexual references/gore etc" aren't allowed? All sims in SL should start at M, while half of them should be A. Sick and tired of 40-year old men dressed up as freakishly-ugly 5-year old diaper-clad babies who talk like "wah I want lowwipops!" and complain about the "nudity" and "dirty language" on SL.

one of the things I would like is

in the Preferences is options:

G. G+M. G+M+A

I would like if linden changed to same as search. like made it checkboxes so that can set any combination of GMA. so that can just choose A if you want. so that can never get teleport to a G or M sim if you choose A only. same like if you choose G only like now

I changed my region to adult years ago because I was tired of hearing people nagging me about some bare bums they spotted.

Yes, adult gives the owner much more freedom and who needs these noobs who dont spend a nickle and just stop by to grief . I am not surprised adult is bigger now.

And no, I dont believe SL would have been more succesful without adult stuff. Its adults that pay the bills to keep SL going and without them it would turn into an ad farm of some sort like so many web sites/ social media. Eating and sex keeps the planet going, and since eating in sl is not possible....

Suki Hirano wrote:

G-rated sims shouldn't even exist. Direct contradiction to the rating of SL itself. Unless I'm mistaken SL is rated 18+?

G-rated is 16+ age. M and A 18+

restricted RL org/school sponsored sims  13+

edit: actual i think depending on your RL org status and your SLA with linden on a restricted sims estate then is no restriction on age at all

Not surprising that Adult regions now outnumber G rated ones. With all the Adult clubs on SL there has to be room for them all somewhere. Seems every club you go to has danceer poles and or other adult theamed entertainment. In RL sex sells. That can be said for SL as well. I am sure the numbers of Adults on SL are growing as well.

Christin73 wrote:

Not surprising that Adult regions now outnumber G rated ones. With all the Adult clubs on SL there has to be room for them all somewhere. Seems every club you go to has danceer poles and or other adult theamed entertainment. In RL sex sells. That can be said for SL as well. I am sure the numbers of Adults on SL are growing as well.

Strip clubs can be on M rated sims too.

I feel uncomfortable on G sims, because I always feel strange if I can't wear what I want without the risk of getting in trouble with someone. Yes, even with what I'm wearing on my forum picture.

Suki Hirano wrote:

G-rated sims shouldn't even exist. Direct contradiction to the rating of SL itself. Unless I'm mistaken SL is rated 18+? Do people see any video game in the market rated M where "violence/sexual references/gore etc" aren't allowed? All sims in SL should start at M, while half of them should be A. Sick and tired of 40-year old men dressed up as freakishly-ugly 5-year old diaper-clad babies who talk like "wah I want lowwipops!" and complain about the "nudity" and "dirty language" on SL.

What kind of sick, twisted individual are you to even know where to find such a thing? haha just kidding. I had to.

But seriously, the rating system works fine as it is. Let those who prefer a more censored existence get it from the G-rated sims, even if deep down they're the kind of perverts described by Suki. After all, it's better than giving them a reason to bother the rest of us, right?

I think on a lot of rp sims, the owner just expects that there will be a few people who take things too far. That's why almost every one has rules that rp is by consent only. And a lot of rp'ers don't look at that adult rating as a stigma. they see it more as a sign that whatever they do, they won't get banned from sl. Things occur in rp that wouldn't be considered acceptable anywhere else. Adult is where many can go where they don't feel their character is hindered by TOS. Often, because rp'ers are only playing a role, things get a bit more extreme on rp sims. Certainly a lot less politically correct.

the atch with moderate land is that it is exactly what it was designed to be... the mile wide line between general and adult.  To some, even those who have no desire to cross the adult side of that line themselves, it's comforting to know that nothing they do will get them into any trouble.

I have no bones to pick with any of the ratings.  General is fine though I seldom go to parcels or regions with the G rating.  Moderate is great for me........mostly because my parcel is moderate and every parcel in the sim I live on is moderate (and the mainland continent is almost all moderate).  And I occassionally go to adult regions if something there is interesting or I have some reason to go (like shopping or to see some build I've heard about).  I just obey the rules for the area I'm in at the time........I'm pretty easy that way (if I don't want to obey the rules then it's very easy for me to just TP away..........I do it all the time, in fact).

There is another reason why some people opt to rate their region or parcel to A.  I'm an adult in RL (and not just a new adult.........I've been one for quite some time now) and being an adult I'm not interested in playing nursemaid to minors.  I don't have time (or the patience) to be dealing with some 15 year old's issues about Bobby pulling pigtails.  I know minors can infiltrate the moderate and adult areas (and I'm sure they do) but, at least, when they do so they are knowingly cheating and generally try to act adult like.......they don't snivel as much when they think it will give their secret up.  Setting the region to adult is putting up the biggest block possible to those minors.  And I believe some of the adult areas are rated that way just that reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.