Instant crash when editing mesh...

Keidon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I buy mesh stuff (non-rigged), and I go to edit it andddd.... BAM!! Instant crash ~.~ It doesn't happen with all my mesh items, but it happens mostly with non-rigged hair and some bracelets I recently bought. It's really annoying, because I can't make stuff fit right on me DX!! Can anyone help me with this? It would be very much appreciated!!

It's normal, or at least anticipated.

When LL first released mesh, editting any mesh while it was attached would crash you. You can avoid this by rezzing it on the ground first.

I'm unsure if recent updates to viewers have fixed this, and updating may be worth a try. If it still crashes you with the most recent viewer, then as they say; "It's a feature, not a bug."

I have no crashes in editing worn mesh stuff.  None while editing rigged mesh, none while editing non-rigged mesh.
You might have viewer / driver / hardware issue.

Some info of what I use:
Firestorm 4.3.1 (31155)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.15 MHz)
Memory: 8169 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 560 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.0697
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

To echo a previous poster, for what it's worth -  I'm having the same issue when editing prims. Not constantly, I can edit them for say ten minutes, then by just selecting a prim - BAM - crash to desktop. It's been happening for about a week. Doesn't matter if it's prims I'm wearing, or prims just rezzed on their own. Absolute PIA when trying to create , well, just about anything.

• 4 months later...

NiolaAlistar wrote:

Hi, I have same problem and I heard it has something to do with graphic card drivers.

If you using firestorm go to Build -> options -> and uncheck "Show selection outlines" that solved a problem for me.

Take care!

I have to say thank you. This simple fix really worked. For those having that issue, do try this first!

• 2 months later...

I tried that fix and it works for about five minutes.  Then you find that the thing is suddenly checked again so...craaasssh again. I can't ride my own bike or delete a shopping bag now because more and more is mesh all the time.  How on earth can they know about this and not put a fix in and just think it's ok to leave us to struggle with it?  It more than spoils my SL experience and may even cause me to leave.  I come into SL to have fun not to fall into crash traps every five minutes.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.