looking for mesh cat

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if you've specifically ruled these out but Shop Seu has low-prim decorative cats in-world. They're sculpted instead of mesh and they just have sitting and lounging/grooming ones instead of specifically sleeping ones but a lot of stores use them for decoration. They're somewhat animated but don't move from their position and are from 1 to 3 prims. They're only available at the in-world store in the sculpted prim department.

Thanks for that tip but yes, I'm ruling those out.

I've had sculpted cats before that are animated and they were rather laggy, also the changing of sculpts didn't look very nice.

Especially in our neighbourhood where a lot of people live on a small area and many have cats, they seem to be responsible for some of the lag.

Not completely sure though, but I just want to get away from sculpt cats.

I have seen very nice 4 LI mesh cats, but they are sitting down, not sleeping :)

• 5 months later...

Because I really dislike sculpts.
To me they look like big massive orbs, they take for ever to rez and till they rez you're surrounded by big orbs blocking your view.

Mesh is a lot more subtle while loading.

I've visted sims with so many sculpts that I couldn't see a thing but orbs for minutes and sometimes I didn't have the patience to wait for them all to load.

I also find mesh nicer looking generally, easier to retexture, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3912 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.