Data.

JeanBanham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As part of one of the courses I teach about social media, I include Second Life.

Could you tell me how much money is spent on second life every day please.

Could you tell me how many members you have and how many are normally logged in at an average time.

What data is available to investigators and what level of authority do you require to provide as part of an investigation?

Russell Taylor

• 4 weeks later...

JeanBanham wrote:

As part of one of the courses I teach about social media, I include Second Life.

Could you tell me how much money is spent on second life every day please.

Could you tell me how many members you have and how many are normally logged in at an average time.

What data is available to investigators and what level of authority do you require to provide as part of an investigation?

Russell Taylor

And why does it seam everyone asking those kind of question is like their first day in the Internet? There's an official contact address, you know? You can write them a mail instead of asking that in a public forum official marketing personal will never read nor answer...

Phil Deakins wrote:

This isn't a survey. It's just someone who thought they were posting questions to LL, much like we do other companies in their forums.

I agree with your view. That's the way I read it too: OP assumed he was addressing Linden Lab, not starting a survey or questionnaire.

But I have to agree with Ansariel's comment about 'the first day on the Internet' as well. Surely most of us would have at least done a BIT of googling—the company  website, contact info, and news releases at a bare minimum—before just jumping onto a forum and asking questions like these.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

This isn't a survey. It's just someone who thought they were posting questions to LL, much like we do other companies in their forums.

I agree with your view. That's the way I read it too: OP assumed he was addressing Linden Lab, not starting a survey or questionnaire.

But I have to agree with Ansariel's comment about 'the first day on the Internet' as well. Surely most of us would have at least done a BIT of googling—the company  website, contact info, and news releases at a bare minimum
—before just jumping onto a forum and asking questions like these.

I'll agree with the 'first day on Internet' comment. 

Especially because this is someone who is claiming to be "teaching a course on social media."

I think they may be getting a very good lesson right now about how Social Media works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4064 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.