Moving a buckle on a shoe

paratracker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a pair of boots with the buckles on the inside (which I think is bizarre); I want to move the buckles to the outside of the shoes.  When I select a buckle, it's outlined in cyan and the upper part of the boot is outlined in yellow though the zipper pull at the top of the boot is also outlined in cyan.  Does that mean that the buckle and the zipper pull are linked?  Can I unlink them, move the buckle to the other side and re-link them somehow?

--||-

If the boots are modifiable, you can check the box in the edit window that says "Edit linked parts," select the parts that you want to move - in this case, the prims that make up the buckle - and move them separately from the rest of the boot. You'll have to rotate them to get them where you want them, I imagine, as well as just moving them around. This only works if the boots are modifiable. If not, you cannot edit linked parts and you are out of luck.

All of the prims are linked together. I think, if I recall correctly, that the yellow prim is the root prim, the one all of the other prims - child prims - are oriented around. It's not all that terribly important, for your current purpose.

You can attach anything you want to any attachment point available, and on the non oldschool viewers, multiple items per attachment point. 

If you want to wear a right shoe on the left foot, you right click it in Inventory > Attach To > Left Foot

It will attach to your left foot. If you take it off, the next time you wear it, it will attach to the last place it was attached to, your left foot.

ETA: 

This will not work on rigged mesh items.

FYI, wearing the right boot on the left leg and vice-versa worked great (actually only had to move the upper part of each boot).  Had to edit a couple of offsets and angles, but they're now one of my most useful boots.  Sadly, rename was not enabled so they'll forever be named the opposite of how they best fit.  Thanks to all who volunteered suggestions. Great result.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4096 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.