Prims keep moving/rotating

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been making a vehicle. I painstakingly math out rotations and positions to make everything fit.

I get in and test drive it, then get out I go to add prims, and notice something- all the prims have shifted!

Every time I change links on this thing, all the prims move a little bit, or rotate a little bit, sometimes up to 2 or 3 degrees, and movement is sometimes almost as much as .2 meters.

Which means when I add prims to this thing and they're straight, the rest of the vehicle looks retarded.

WTF is going on?

Gadget Portal wrote:

I've been making a vehicle. I painstakingly math out rotations and positions to make everything fit.

I get in and test drive it, then get out I go to add prims, and notice something- all the prims have shifted!

Every time I change links on this thing, all the prims move a little bit, or rotate a little bit, sometimes up to 2 or 3 degrees, and movement is sometimes almost as much as .2 meters.

Which means when I add prims to this thing and they're straight, the rest of the vehicle looks retarded.

WTF is going on?

Howdy, Gadget.  

I used to have prim drift once in a while too, and like you, it drove me up the wall!  I discovered that if I built at ground level instead of at 4,000m the prim drift ceased.  Are you building up in a skybox/platform?  If so, you might go down to ground level and try it there.  I still use a platform to build and I haven't seen any drifting in loooong time.  I'm wondering also if it could be some of the new code installed through the rolling restarts this last Tuesday.  Is your sim an RC or is it the main SL server?

One case where I've seen a lot of prim drift is when I try to make the mirror image of a tortured prim by copying it then flipping it 180 degrees about an axis.  Usually I avoid that approach, but occasionally I forget and use the copy and flip method and a great majority of the time I soon start noticing prim drift.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4196 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.