RL50 year old man in RL, playing a teenager to get underage girls.what do I do?

sookie Longmeadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know this man in RL He is 50 married and kids. He is pretending to be a teen to troll for underage girls to meet in real life. On his urban dictionary he has posted  his intentions are obvious, it makes me sick he a pedophile. im sorry but i think everyone with a a rating shouldn't be allowed in G Sims.or adults should have there age posted on there profle (sorry guys)lying about age is common. what should i do?

*THANKS EVERYONE I KNOW THIS GUY IN RL. HE CHANGED HIS RATING TO G I THOUGHT THAT WAS ODD. THE I READ THE POST ON URBAN DICTIONARY AND HE SAYS HES A KID LOOKING FOR ONE AWESOME NIGHT. NOW THE REPLIES FROM THE GIRLS SOUND YOUNG, BUT THAT NOT ENOUGHT. I KNOW. TIME FOR A LITTLE UNDERCOVER WORK:catwink: YA I KNOW WE CANT POST OUR AGE I WISH WE DIDNT HAVE TEENS IN HERE.

6 answers to this question

AR.

Your Accounts may be suspended or terminated immediately without warning or any refund or other compensation if we believe that you are under 13 years of age, if we believe you are under 18 years of age and you represent yourself as 18 or older, or if we believe you are over 18 and represent yourself as under 18.

im sorry but i think everyone with a a rating shouldn't be allowed in G Sims.or adults should have there age posted on there profle (sorry guys)lying about age is common.

Nope. Sorry. Can't agree to that. There are plenty of G-rated sims that I like to go to. You'd stop me because of some perv? I think not.

And put ages on profiles? Good luck with that. It'll never happen, nor should it.

• Like 2

Sookie,

This may vary depending on what state you are in but if you suspect that a person is being a predator [sexual or otherwise], lurking for underage individuals, then you simply file a report with your local police department with your detailed observations and evidence. Please note you better know that the supposed underage individuals are in fact underage.

Whatever you personally think of a 50 year old married man with children of his own being here in SecondLife and chasing "as presented" 18 year old females and older [ assuming they really are female in RL ] is for you to deal with privately. Do you personally know in real life of underage [ 16-17 year old ] SecondLife members who are in danger here?  Have you been witness to his attempts to take to real life a relationship with a "verified real life person" underage person?

Convicted sexual predators are usually NOT allowed internet access as a term of their parole nor are they allowed to create alternate identities in order to evade this restriction.

Now as to SecondLife....

Please note that the privacy protection of our real lives is up to us and is protected by Linden Lab and it's Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.. In my case, I provide absolutely no Real Life information other than to my RL friends here in SL with me. To other SL friends and acquaintances I'll share RL status updates vis-à-vis allegorical references.

Now mind you, here in SecondLife, many individuals decide to be younger and/or older than their real life ages. As consenting adults it is none of our business in what role play they chose to participate in. There is a prohibition against Age-Play in SecondLife, even for consenting adults. So that behavior is often reported when observed in G and/or M areas.

I have wonderful friends that portray children here in SL. Those who I have a close relationship to will share the reason with me....sometimes. My take on it all is I accept everyone here at they choose to present themselves. I know many wonderful people here of all age ranges and species. Yes I even know classic barbaric pigs as well. This is SL and you can be anything here.

So, can Adults visit G-Rated regions, God Yes. I do so all the time and enjoy DJing at a few as well. Yes I'm a "verified" Adult and I visit and work at G, M & A regions.

So back to you quandary. If you have evidence that will stand up in court then by all means call your local police and let the chips fall where they may. If you have witnessed Sexual Age-Play here in SL file an AR report. You're done! Move onto somewhere fun and start enjoying your Second Life.

• Like 2

Karen has some very good points.

Before you report this person to the police, or even AR him, you had better be sure he is actually attempting to meet underage girls in Real Life.

Just having cyber sex (In an M or A region, which implies both parties are adults), while it may be bad behavior or poor judgement, or you may even think it cheating on his spouse...is not a reportable offense.

Having cyber-sex with a childlike avatar ("age play", or "sexual age play") is against ToS and should definitely be AR'd.  This is something of a judgement call...it can be tough to determine if an avatar is "18" or "15" by height alone.  You must take into account their profile, dress, style of movement, and their words and actions to tell you if an avatar is "underage" or "child-like".

IF you have definite proof that this person IS attempting to lure underage girls into RL sexual situations, then YES! Contact the police.

Like others, I disagree that Adults should be kept out of General areas.  Heck, we used to do that, back when we had Teen Second Life...and it didn't stop kids mixing with adults.  MOST of us adults have the good sense to keep our Adult activities out of General areas.  I also disagree about having to post one's RL age in the profile.  Second Life is all about being able to live an alternative life...and a lot of us, um, senior type folks really enjoy a second chance at youth.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.