Group Ban

Skyler Carfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Probably.  Take a look in Marketplace or shop around in world.  The real trick, of course, is that you will still have to define the group.  There's no way that a script can know who belongs to the SL group named The Nasty Bad Guys, so you'll have to type those names (or UUIDs)  in yourself.  If you're going to all that trouble, you might as well be banning the people individually.  The only shortcut I can imagine is a script that identifies a flock of bad guys in the area (using a sensor or llGetAvatarList ) and then lets you click a button and ban them all at once.  That's potentially a dangerous tool, but it wouldn't be hard to write.

Hi, maybe there is or not but afaik LSL can only read the actually worn Group Tag. If anyone would just wear whatever group the Orb cannot track and eject.

The only solution would be adding all names of that group to the banlist. Not perfect but the way to go.

One way i can think of is a scripted agent "bot". They usually can read all groups and eject/ban/welcome .... people.

Monti

I've not seen a device that will do this so far, but that doesnt mean there isnt one. Take a look for security orbs on marketplace or in world and read any notecards you can get free. Creators of security devices often will happily speak in IM and can tell you if this is possible. If it doesnt already exist you may be give a good idea to security orb creators :robotvery-happy:

This is meant as additional information, not a standalone answer.  I presume that the group has to show its members on its profile page for a nonmember to know their identities.  If I were trying to make a list of the membership of such a group, I would logon with Radigast, a non-graphical viewer that displays group members' names as plain black text on a plain white background, expand the window with the group membership list as much as possible, do a screen capture, scroll down the list, and repeat until I had all the names.  Then I would crop the images until they showed only names and white background and run them through an OCR program to obtain machine-readable text.

Others may differ, but for me that is a lot easier than typing a long list of names.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4113 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.