llGetPrimitiveParams in HUD

Urzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSay(0, "");
    }

touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llSay(0,(string)llGetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TEXTURE, 0,PRIM_COLOR, 0,PRIM_GLOW, 0,PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 0,PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, 0 ]));   
    }
}

on groud it work in hud it does not work.

this is a part of my script but why the llgetprimitiveParame does not work in the HUD

it does not work for me

((string)llGetTexture(0) + (string)llGetTextureScale(0) + (string)llGetTextureOffset(0) + (string)llGetTextureRot(0) + (string)llGetColor(0) + (string)llGetAlpha(0));

that work for now but cant find a way to get glow

i am going to cry.....

(string)llGetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TEXTURE, 1,        PRIM_COLOR, 1,        PRIM_GLOW, 1,        PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 1,        PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, 1         ]);

My HUD is made of sphere....:matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Sphere dont have a face number 1...only 0

Urzul wrote:

i am going to cry.....
(string)llGetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TEXTURE, 1,        PRIM_COLOR, 1,        PRIM_GLOW, 1,        PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 1,        PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, 1         ]);

My HUD is made of sphere....:matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Sphere dont have a face number 1...only 0

So just change the face to 0 in your script. Sphear do have a face 1 if they are hallow.

(string)llGetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TEXTURE, 0,        PRIM_COLOR, 0,        PRIM_GLOW, 0,        PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, 0,        PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, 0         ]);

Assuming it's a one-prim hud, here's something that should work no matter how many sides it has (I've tested it, both attaached and on the ground):

default{    state_entry()    {       // llSay(0, "Hello, Avatar!");    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        integer n = llGetNumberOfSides();        integer i;        do {            llOwnerSay("Face "+(string)i+":"+(string)llGetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TEXTURE, i,                PRIM_COLOR, i,                PRIM_GLOW, i,                PRIM_FULLBRIGHT, i,                PRIM_BUMP_SHINY, i]));                    }        while (++i<n);    }}

Neither do FULLBRIGHT or PRIM_POINT_LIGHT, for that matter.  You can create a pseudo-glow effect, though, by using the old double-sphere trick, combined with a bit of creative texturing.  Make your outer sphere yellow and switchable from alpha= 0.0 to alpha=0.2 so that it simulates an aura when it's switched ON.  It's not as nice as the effect you can get with particles if it's rezzed on the ground, but it looks like a decent light bulb in a HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.