auto-begging avs roaming stores

sunshine Juneberry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i was in two different stores today and got IM'd by two different Av's with exact same IM.

The IM is all friendly and i actually thought i was having a convo with someone the first time and was kinda miffed when it turned to asking for 300L$.

It wasn't till later the day in the second store when the second av IM'd me that i realized it was an automated program. The second girl was telling me the EXACT same story the first was telling me earlier, except instead of me sympathizing, i was telling her i knew it was scam because i heard the exact same thing earlier.

Even after me saying i knew it was scam, the IM played out exactly the same way, ending with her asking for 300 L$

I know people going around asking for L$ is not that big of a deal, but this is the first time i had seen it automated like that. And twice in one day on two separate sims aver 12 hours apart, makes me think it might become something of a nuisance.

I had the same experience at  a rather well known and famous Secondlife  furniture store .I realised after the second line that the whole thing was a scam .In my case the bot message claimed the girl was Russian who had been jilted by her boyfriend who had made off with all her Linden somehow ,and yes the magic figure required was 300L.

Legend Hye wrote:

WOW...40,000L$ a day?

Hmm... I rather have my doubts on that. I really can't see that many people falling for that.

But maybe I should stop working on SL and go beggiing if it is true... lol .., maybe we all should.

I haven't read the interview yet but if this person is making that much a day by basically pestering residents and *if* even a portion of those residents AR'd the begger/bot, I'm amazed this person is still around.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.