Teleport Directly to an Avatar

GingerVee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all!

Last night I was inworld but not on my sim. A friend of mine managed to teleport directly to where I was without me telling him where I was. He doesn't have the permission to see me on the map. So, I am wondering, how was he able to teleport directly to me without me telling him where I was? I have not accepted any gifts from him, so I know I don't have any tracting device on my avatar. Your help will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Ginger

21 answers to this question

Hello,

have you recently uploaded a screenshot to your my.secondlife.com feed?

When you do that, there's a checkbox 'include my location' in the screenshot-dialog, if this is ticked, you will publish your current in-world location together with the screenshot.

Also it could just be by chance in case the simulator you've been in was using teleport routing, if that's the case everyone who teleports into the sim/parcel will land at the same spot inside the region.

• Like 3

I can do that every once in a while if I put my Sherlock Holmes hat on.  If I have been in IM conversation with a friend and can pick up clues about which sim she's on, all I have to do is open the map in my viewer and look for a green or yellow dot.  The yellow dot is someone on my Friends list, so it's child's play to TP to a spot right next to her.  That's especially easy if my friend is a creature of habit -- who isn't? -- so I can guess ahead of time which sims she's most likely to be on.

• Like 1

Is it possible he could actually be an alt of your boyfriend and be logged in with two different viewers?

ETA

Play it cool. See if this happens again. Maybe it was pure coincidence that you were on a sim he goes to sometimes, and he just happened to be there. If he turns up again without you leaving some kind of trail then ensure you're not wearing something with a follower script in it.

or if you have a home place, check nothing is rezzed there that doesn't belong to you. Someone might have left a 'chatspy' device (but this will be hidden, probably as an object or as anything), and these are also against the terms of service if used without a person's express permission. Think if you've said anything in open chat to anyone about the location this person found you at.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.