COPYBOT items on Marketplace....and linden lab ZZZzzzZZ do nothing?

Sergio Upshaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why we have all waste our time to build to create texture to be creative....

when items can be sold full permissions after been copybotted...this is my question

After i ask help , do abuse, and i get by linden lab always same answer, do DCMA, we can do nothing bla bla bla

Needs so a special brain to see that an avatar with profile completly blank , no pay info used , sell skin, AO, house and other stuffs full perms...recognize it is a copybot ? 

So i want to know you all what think about...i have to give up or continue to get stomach pain for the complety anarchy on sl?

Here the house set full perms on marketplace
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pentagrama-Casa-Linda-piscina-Full-Perms/4303536

Here Mine on sell from 2008
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Key-West-Villa-Prefab-House-Thats-Amore/299217

You all thinks needs a genious to found out?

Sergio Upshaw wrote:

After i ask help , do abuse, and i get by linden lab always same answer, do DCMA, we can do nothing bla bla bla

You all thinks needs a genious to found out?

The DCMA is the LAW here and they have to follow it.

Legally speaking they don't have a choice in that matter.  They can not take the law into their own hands with out creating huge problems for themselves.

But with marketplace, in this case linden lab earns commission over stolen items...its legal ?

So if is the DCMA is the Law and they have to follow it, same they have to supervise this situation where them can be accomplices of illegal actions, and this go outside the usually LAW of secondlife.

Until one do this for his own pleasure like use copybot items inworld for personal use i agree with you...

But in this case we talk about real money ...its is pretty different and this is not acceptable.

It is not acceptable that there is no immediate action to stop it and protect who pay a service.

But i have surrender to hope about nothing in sl. It is as they ask us to report abuse griefers and then linden lab allowe and get commission on the marketplace over griefer tools .. perfect logic strategy of defence...lol

Sergio Upshaw wrote:

But with marketplace, in this case linden lab earns commission over stolen items...its legal ?

So if is the DCMA is the Law and they have to follow it, same they have to supervise this situation where them can be 
accomplices of illegal actions, and this go outside the usually LAW of secondlife.

Until one do this for his own pleasure like use copybot items inworld for personal use i agree with you...

But in this case we talk about real money ...its is pretty different 
and this
is not acceptable.

It is not acceptable
that there is no
immediate action
 to stop it and protect who pay a service.

But
 i have surrender to hope about nothing in sl. It is as they ask us
to
abuse

griefers
and then
linden lab allowe and get

commission on the
marketplace
over

griefer
tools
 perfect logic strategy of defence...lol

If after they recieve the DCMA they fail to take down the item, THEN they would be in violation of the law.

It is not a perfect system, but that is how it works.

The thing that slows the process down is that the law has to protect people from false claims also. 

When you go to a Court, you have to follow their rules.  It is no different with the DCMA.  Linden Lab has to follow the rules because it is the law.

File  DMCA,thats all you can do! LL wont do annyhting if you dont file DMCA against copybotter! DMCA is there becouse only original creator can legaly file DMCA and proove he is real maker and copyright holder of item! Othervise annyone could file report against annyone else and say "thats a theif,i made that,not him/her" cos he/she is jelous/wants to ruin buisness/just for kicks

Fild DMCA and thats it! LL will to react on it!

I agree over anything, rules ...procedure ...all...but

An Avatar with empty profile, no pay info used, sell items full perms... is so easy understand not is the creator ... most for who like us is not a newbiee

Right now the item copybotted buyed can be easly replaced by legal tool allowe to duplicate full perms items, and also if i won the DCMA this item will be all over inworld with different creators... and i cant at this point search all over sl to found it...right?

so 1 day of delay can destroy the business of the entire community of sl builder

My suggest is linden lab have to put a rule over marketplace, as i cant buy mainland if not premium, the rule must be also  i cant sell stuffs on marketplace if not premium... This can be the real solution...

Sergio Upshaw wrote:

An Avatar with empty profile, no pay info used, sell items full perms... is so easy understand not is the creator ... most for who like us is not a newbiee

Right now the item copybotted buyed can be easly replaced by legal tool allowe to duplicate full perms items, and also if i won the DCMA this item will be all over inworld with different creators... and i cant at this point search all over sl to found it...right?

so 1 day of delay can destroy the business of 
the entire community of
sl builder

My suggest is linden lab have to put a rule over marketplace, as i cant buy mainland if not premium, the rule must be also  i cant sell stuffs on marketplace if not premium... This can be the real solution...

Basically speaking, copies of the object will have the same UUID.  People who have copies will lose them and recieve what is called an  IP Replacement.  That's the basics of what will happen.

Sergio Upshaw wrote:

so 1 day of delay can destroy the business of 
the entire community of
sl builder

You seem to have the opinion that if SL residents have the choice between getting something for free which most will quickly figure out is an illegal copy and a legitimate item which they have to pay a small fee for they'll automatically choose the free item. History suggests that this is not the case. Copybotters have been in SL for years and some of the most frequently copybotted merchants are still some of the most successful ones. Your legitimate house is both very reasonably priced and much better looking than the (alleged) copy. Most of the SL public who'd be willing to pay for an item in the first place would realize that.

It's also entirely possible that this merchant wasn't the original copybotter - they don't seem very bright and may have gotten full-perm copybotted items and not realized what they were.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

It's also entirely possible that this merchant wasn't the original copybotter - they don't seem very bright and may have gotten full-perm copybotted items and not realized what they were.

I found it interesting each of the listings I looked at said "limited quantities available."  I know this doesn't help the OP and a DMCA still needs to be filed, but it's like a huge red light.  How many content creators have "limited copies" of something, barring an exclusive item for charity, etc.  Looks like a lot of skin designers have been botted by this person...or someone.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4208 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.