Funny Thing Just Happened To Me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was curious about something and wanted to see how much it would cost me to purchase L$60,000.  I was already logged in-world so I hit the Buy button and entered the amout.  It would cost US$242.  Then I hit the cancel button.  Then, a moment later I heard the coin-drop sound that gets made when money gets deposited into your account.

My gut tighted and my mouth gaped open.  “Oh no! I didn't want to buy that!  Did I not hit cancel!?” is what I thought.  I stared at my L$ amount but it wasn't a huge number.  Then it hit me and I just had to chuckle.

Right at that moment is when LL paid my stipend.  Right after I clicked the cancel button.  Phew!  That was either an amazing coincidence or my Lindex query triggered the stipend.  Either way, thanks LL.  You got me!

I like that lol :D

It reminded me of when I was new to the web back in the 90s. My brother, who preceded me onto the web, wanted me to write a shopping cart and, to explain what a shopping cart is, he took me through a purchase on a shopping (TV) channel's website where he'd bought stuff in the past. For the demo he selected an expensive piece of jewellery that he didn't actually want - a few hundred quid - expensive for that source. He clicked the Checkout button to show me the checkout part. But it didn't show the checkout part. Instead, because he'd previously used his credit card to buy from there, it simply charged it and he'd bought the piece of jewellery. His face was a real picture - dropped jaw and wide eyes lol.

Fortunately, the company cancelled the order when he phoned them.

(LOOOONG way back in time story .. but it fits)

I was about 4 years old. My dad and uncle were baby-sitting me while my mom had her first "girls night out" in .. well .. four years. Needless to say they tried everything to keep me entertained, and eventually hit on a game that involved shooting a small toy truck from a rubber-band launcher down a marked race track. The one that managed to shoot the truck furthest .. won.

My uncle was quite the Macho Man and wagered that he could huff-n-puff and blow the truck further than I could shoot it. So I took the bet. (I was like four! Of COURSE I took the bet!)

At any rate, he starts hyperventilating .. inhales the whole county's worth of oxygen .. and BLOWS!!

And at that precise moment the electricity in our neighborhood went out. (I think someone drove into a power pole.)

Well needless to say, at the ripe old age of four years old .. I knew EXACTLY why. My uncle had "blown out the lights!"

It took mom about a half-hour trying to understand the story in between our hysterical laughter to explain what happened.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I like that lol
:D

It reminded me of when I was new to the web back in the 90s. My brother, who preceded me onto the web, wanted me to write a shopping cart and, to explain what a shopping cart is, he took me through a purchase on a shopping (TV) channel's website where he'd bought stuff in the past. For the demo he selected an expensive piece of jewellery that he didn't actually want - a few hundred quid - expensive for that source. He clicked the Checkout button to show me the checkout part. But it didn't show the checkout part. Instead, because he'd previously used his credit card to buy from there, it simply charged it and he'd bought the piece of jewellery. His face was a real picture - dropped jaw and wide eyes lol.

Fortunately, the company cancelled the order when he phoned them.

That was an Oops!  :smileyvery-happy:  Glad everthing worked out.  :smileyhappy:

koto Nizna wrote:

That's one of the reason why i always delete my payment info everytime i'm done buying L$ hehe. Since i'm not a premium member i dont need to have my credit card always ready to purchase plus it also helps me control my online spending.

That sounds like a good idea.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

(LOOOONG way back in time story .. but it fits)

I was about 4 years old. My dad and uncle were baby-sitting me while my mom had her first "girls night out" in .. well .. four years. Needless to say they tried everything to keep me entertained, and eventually hit on a game that involved shooting a small toy truck from a rubber-band launcher down a marked race track. The one that managed to shoot the truck furthest .. won.

My uncle was quite the Macho Man and wagered that he could huff-n-puff and blow the truck further than I could shoot it. So I took the bet. (I was like four! Of COURSE I took the bet!)

At any rate, he starts hyperventilating .. inhales the whole county's worth of oxygen .. and BLOWS!!

And at that precise moment the electricity in our neighborhood went out. (I think someone drove into a power pole.)

Well needless to say, at the ripe old age of four years old .. I knew EXACTLY why. My uncle had "blown out the lights!"

It took mom about a half-hour trying to understand the story in between our hysterical laughter to explain what happened.

Now that's a coincidence!  :smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4202 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.