Permanent Banned Account

Protocolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

;p :)

+

i just put here

sometimes on forums, not just this one, but heaps of them. someone says O.M.G. I been locked out. IP/MAC ban whichever

first response they get is: talk to Support. ok so they do that. come back and say they did and big nothing. no response. can wait for weeks sometimes

the person say they need to access their account so they can convert their L$ to US$ so can pay their rent/tier, or they going to lose it. even name their sim sometimes. almost without exception someone on forums like this will contact them and tell them how to do it. just bc they seem like a nice/genuine person. seem like

is selective this when it happens. like this person gets treated different from people like OP. not in the comments. in the action

16 wrote:

;p
:)

+

i just put here

sometimes on forums, not just this one, but heaps of them. someone says O.M.G. I been locked out. IP/MAC ban whichever

first response they get is: talk to Support. ok so they do that. come back and say they did and big nothing. no response. can wait for weeks sometimes

the person say they need to access their account so they can convert their L$ to US$ so can pay their rent/tier, or they going to lose it. even name their sim sometimes. almost without exception someone on forums like this will contact them and tell them how to do it. just bc they seem like a nice/genuine person. seem like

is selective this when it happens. like this person gets treated different from people like OP. not in the comments. in the action

Ah ok...I get where  you're coming from now.  Thanks. :)

16 wrote:

;p
:)

+

i just put here

Which means that, contrary to what you said, hardly any regulars know how to "ban evade", because that doesn't happen to almost all of the regulars ;)

16 wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Giving advice how to get around a ban is irresponsible because it is impossible for you to know if he is sincere and should be forgiven. You have no idea what he did or his real age at the time, only what he claims.  For all you know he could be a pedophile or serial griefer since LL uses this kind of ban only for the most grievous of offenses.

It is not up to the people here in the forum to determine what is appropriate as only LL knows the real facts in this case. If he really was 14 at the time and his only offense was lying about his age, and he can now prove he's an adult, they may just allow him to come back.  But personally I think there might be a lot more to the story than he has said and what you assume.

i take people at their word. first time. end up jumping at shadows otherwise

if he was a serial greifer then he already knows how to ban evade

+

is this whole illusion thing that if we dont say how the bad guys do the stuff they do then they won't learn how to do it

how many regulars on here know how to ban evade? probably just about everyone. and thats the thing, we not all innocents either. and even them that are somehow innocents  know  how to ban evade

is the whole pretend no evil thing

Again not only do I disagree with you, I think you are very naive and immature.  If everyone jumps off a bridge will you do it too?.

I take people at their word too, until they prove to me otherwise.  The OP proved otherwise by doing something so serious he got the most strict ban they can give.  No matter what your opinion is about what a poster says is the case, you have only their word to go on and it has been my experience that people that break the rules this seriously are not the most honest about all the facts as to why they were banned.

He may not be a griefer at all.  There are other things people do that get them banned in this way that are worse than griefing. 

Maybe many of the regular posters here know how to get around a ban, but not all and you fail to take into account the hundreds of people that read the forums but never post here, many of them new to SL and/or not very savvy technically.

Again, LL uses this type of ban only for those that commit seriously wrong acts   I still maintain that is not a responsible thing to do to tell anyone how to get around it, no matter how often it is 'done'.  It really doesn't make any difference if he is the only one that doesn't know how and you tell him. If he is not telling the true facts and gets back in and commits another seriously wrong act, you will share responsibility for that. 

• 2 years later...

16 wrote:

he is MAC address banned. he just has to change it on his computer. he can google to find out how to do that

And YOU should not 'aid and abet' him in circumventing his perma-ban, Even offering 'friendly' suggestions thereto is wholly unwise. Just sayin'.

The OP, now allegedly matured, should follow suit as an adult, and use the appropriate appeals procedure. Posting on a forum, discussing personal moderation aganst you, I'm sure that's against the TOS too.

• 3 weeks later...

How long ago?  If you can still log into the website with that account, go to your dashboard, My Account, Delete Account and then reinstate it from there.

If you can no longer log in on the website you can submit a support ticket.  Basic (free) accounts can usually be reinstated without any problem (though you will need to answer security questions and supply a copy of your RL ID).  If the account was Premium at the time you deleted it, it may no longer be possible to reinstate.

The TOS states that they may charge you, I think about US$10, to reinstate a deleted account but in my experience they don't bother.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.