Question about Sex Beds

DjWhiteBoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I finally decided to get some land and throw a house on it and it's pretty empty at the moment. Greedy Table and a Radio so far. My bare essentials lol.

Anyways! I've not done much sexing in SL but would like to get a bed..  however, I'm a big fan of AOs and Dance huds where you can throw your own animations in.. makes you more unique in a way... which leads me to my question.

Are there any sex beds out there where you can use your own animations?  Sure some beds out there have a ton of animations and are expensive as helllll and some good cheapies...  but I like customization.   I found a sex bed in my inventory from a freebie/gift awhile back...  I like the look of the bed but the animations are just booooring and so slow lol    so it got me thinking.. would be cool to find some animations out there and throw em in it or buy a bed where I can throw some in that one.

So, is that possible?  And what are some good sex furniture stores?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can get beds that you can add your own animations to. Look for beds with MLP animation engines where the notecards ar modifiable.  Otherwise the information on the bed should tell you if you can add animations, if not ask the creator.  Beds come wiht a wide variety of animations.  You can get beds with literally hundreds of them.

That said, be aware that, while it isn't rocket science to add animations, it isn't as simple as dropping them in the bed.  You will need to position the avatars correctly and add the postions to a configuration notecard and menu. 

Probably most sex beds use the MLP system, and the freebie bed you already have almost certainly uses it.

As Amethysat said, you can put your own animations into it. It's very easy but you do need to know how. The MLP system comes with a notecard that explains it, so check the bed you have and read the notecards. If your bed does use the MLP system, open the notecard card called .readme. It's near the top of the Contents. Scroll down to the section headed TO ADD ANIMATIONS and take it from there. Once you've got the hang of it, it's very simple.

Awesome, thanks for the info you all.   My bed I don't think is on MLP. But instead uses RF Pose Engine 4.0.   I think someone gave me a big box of freebies when I was a noob and it was in it.  I did right click it tho to see its contents.. and the notecard that is in it wasn't a manual or anything.  Guess I'll look for these MLP beds then.

I did have another question tied to the animations..   Do you go out and find just the animations by themselves or do you get the poseball animations and take the animations out of the poseball and put them in your inventory and then put them in the new sex bed notecard?

I've been to animation stores and all they have are dances/ao animations.  The ones at the sex stores are from poseballs so was curious.

Yeah, you can rip the anims from poseballs. In fact, it's sometimes helpful to have the intact poseballs around as "templates" for the exact offsets of their sit targets, to start the anims positioned as the animator intended.

(If you get into the business of putting poses in animation engines at scale, there are various scripts that will help populate the engine with poseball-identical positions & rotations. If it's just a few, doing it "by eye" is probably easier.)

I'd also mention that nPose is another free open source animation system that works well for sex beds (and lots of other things) as long as you don't need the separate poseballs rezzed as a color-coded hint for who should sit where. If you do need that then yeah, MLP is about as good as you can get for most purposes.

I can let you have the MLP system. It was always a freebie. You could put it in your existing bed (after moving the bed's current contents.to your inventory) and 'play' with it so you get used to knowing how to add animations and adjust their positions. It comes with a few mediocre animations so it's easy to play with and get the hang of. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

Phil Deakins wrote:

I can let you have the MLP system. It was always a freebie. You could put it in your existing bed (after moving the bed's current contents.to your inventory) and 'play' with it so you get used to knowing how to add animations and adjust their positions. It comes with a few mediocre animations so it's easy to play with and get the hang of. Let me know if you want it and I'll send it to you.

Thanks. I actually just googled the MLP system and found it on the Wiki before you replied. So yea that's what I will do.

Thanks everyone

Are there any groups or anyone out there that can assist with using MLP? I don't know where to begin..  they give you one big folder with a ton of stuff in it.. then another box inside called MLP tools... and that has a few things inside of it as well...

I read the tutorial on the wiki but it's not very detailed..  I kinda just need to know what exactly to do to get started and then I can probably figure the rest out on my own

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.