rez faux

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I get confused on those. I don't know which way is going to be the front or back of the build. Only one that I have found that had a texture on the box that indicates which way you need to position the box so you know which is going to be the front or back.

A good way for buliders to package prefabs is to place the auto aligner (in this case Rez Faux) in the centre of the build, then bulid a basic out line of the bulid around the box, indicate where the external doors are, then attach your outline/footprint to the anchor prim, making sure the anchor is the parent prim. When a customer rezzes a build for the first time they are then presented with the auto aligner (rez faux box) attached to a handy foot print which they can move and rotate on their land before actually hitting the rez button., 

Porky Gorky wrote:

A good way for buliders to package prefabs is to place the auto aligner (in this case Rez Faux) in the centre of the build, then bulid a basic out line of the bulid around the box, indicate where the external doors are, then attach your outline/footprint to the anchor prim, making sure the anchor is the parent prim. When a customer rezzes a build for the first time they are then presented with the auto aligner (rez faux box) attached to a handy foot print which they can move and rotate on their land before actually hitting the rez button., 

TLG (The Looking Glass) builds, for one, come with this kind of preview rez of the footprint. I wish more builders would take up this idea. Small or oddly-shaped parcels (or oddly-shaped builds) can be a nightmare with rezzers. I had one which rezzed the building about 25m away from the rez-box... further away than the actual size of the building.

I fail to see the problem. Here's what I do to get exactly the result I want to achieve:

- just drop the rez faux box somewhere on your parcel

- click the box

- a blue menu box appears

- click on rezz and see the build unfold itself right in front of you

- now rightclick the rez faux box and choose EDIT from the pie menu

- in edit push the box around with POSITION ... the house will follow

- if you want to turn the house so it faces another direction use ROTATE

- do that until you're happy with the position and all parts are in place at the X, Y,  Z coords where you want it

- now click SAVE or STORE in the blue menu

- delete the rez faux box or take it back in invent

- finished

This might take a while to get it right but there is not much that you can do wrong. If the result is like totrally messed up just click the DEREZZ button and try again. Often houses rezz kinda broken when the rezz faux box is too close to the ground, so don't neglect the height coordinate Z.

Hint: keep the house aligned with the  X and Y coordinates, 0, 90, 180, 270°. House should face either north, east, south or west. Avoid any complicated angles. This makes it much easier to place furniture and hang pics on the wall. Oh, and after you're done make a note of the final coords of the rezz faux box so you can easily rebuild the house at exactly the same spot. This in case you delete it accidentally. Happened to me more than just once. :smileysad:

• Thanks 1

MiniJenny wrote:

I get confused on those. I don't know which way is going to be the front or back of the build. Only one that I have found that had a texture on the box that indicates which way you need to position the box so you know which is going to be the front or back.

Sometimes I rez the build in a sandbox first to see which way it's going to go.

I started selling prefabs in early 2004. When I started I wasn't even aware of auto aligners. Im not even sure if they existed. Certainly when Lex Neva releases Rez Faux I was the first person to review it on SL exchange. It really did revolutionize the commercial sale of prefabs for me. Before Rez Faux I had to visit the majority of customers after every sale and set the build up for them, manually highlighting all the prims and rotating them to achieve their desired position. Prim drift was a major problem back then, as soon as you started to rotate a linkset, in some instances lots of the prims would unalign slightly, so after positioning the build I would have to go round and spend ages realigning all the drifted prims. This was the case for the majority of sales.

When I discovered Rez Faux I was amazed. I remember inviting some of my friends over to my land to give them a demonstration. I was stood there for ages rotating a massive 800 prim house above my head whilst doing a funky dance underneath it!

Considering that I paid about L$500 for Rez Faux and have used it to package over 10000 sold prefabs I can definitely say that Rez Faux is the best thing I have every purchased in SL.

ITA Rex Faux is awesome & I've also been using it for years now. 

I use it for my own builds as well as many other things.  Even my store is rez fauxed so that if I have to move or LL has a large hiccup like yesterday, I can easily put it back out.  

Another use, is to rez faux parts of your build if you are wanting to keep the prims down.  For example, if you have a section of your build that you don't want to keep out, you can rez fuax that part and just click the box when you want to use it.  Like a beach area where you have a cabana, hot tub, etc. etc.

Also I've not seen anyone else have the same positoner tool that you provide but there are at least one other prefab seller that includes templates with their prefabs.  The template, say the size of a 512 or 1024, has a box in the center where you put the rez box and away you go.  Quite handy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.