Can a script do this?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have to give my full perm items on touch - wine glass, fork, etc. -- but I do not want them reused by other creators. I tried Robin Sojourner's script that prevents this but it did not suit my purposes -- I don't really want it to disappear from the wearer's hand so quickly, for one thing.  But I would like to make it so the item can't be reused -- rezzed, put in contents, worn, etc. Is there a script that could do that? 

I don't see why you're giving them full perm, they don't need to be.  They need to be copy if given via llGiveInventory but can be no mod.  With a script inside, they can determine if it's the first time they're rezzed or not, subsequent rezzing will immediately detach the item (or delete it if rezzed).

Hi, Pam.  One way to beat the problem is to use the new llAttachToAvatarTemp function, which was designed for exactly that application.  Essentially, the script rezzes an object which then asks the user for permission to attach, and then attaches to the user at the proper point without transfering ownership.  The user cannot take the object to her inventory or drop it.  When it's detached, the object simply vanishes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4266 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.