Looking for land...

RoxanneLoraine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have $L0 and I've been playing for over a year. I just want to even have a place to rez one of the houses I have in my inventory so I can say I'm not homeless. Is there any way of finding free land or finding a place that you can rez your house without it going to your lost and found? I have gotten $L before but its harder for me to get. I know you can get jobs but I don't always have the time. I was hoping to find a place I could atleast rez my house and have it stay there.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!

RoxanneLoraine wrote:

I have $L0 and I've been playing for over a year. I just want to even have a place to rez one of the houses I have in my inventory so I can say I'm not homeless. Is there any way of finding free land or finding a place that you can rez your house without it going to your lost and found? I have gotten $L before but its harder for me to get. I know you can get jobs but I don't always have the time. I was hoping to find a place I could atleast rez my house and have it stay there.

I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!

you prolly oughta find some1 who owns or rents land who likes you & has enuf prims & wont mind you rezzing your house there & will let you hang out .. otherwise .. you mite find a deserted place that isnt set so that you cant rezz stuff but they mite kick you off if they come back & find you there w/out permission .. you really dont need a house tho .. its ok to be homeless in sl .. you wont go cold & hungry LoL .. just rezz yourself wherever you were last time & go on from there .. & logout from wherever you end up .. that way it doesnt cost you anything .. but if you must hava house you either hav2 find some1 who lets you have it where they live or you hav2 rent or buy your own place

Jeanne

You must own or rent land to rez things if you want them to stay.  Land is the one thing that is not free in SL. Sandboxes are for building only.  Using empty land that doesn't belong to you is squatting and you may find yourself AR'd and banned for doing that, even on land owned by LL.  Someone is paying for all the land you see in sl.  Why should should someone else pay for your entertainment?  If you don't have time to work to earn L's, and wnat to rent land, then buy them.  SL is not a life necessity and you are not entitled to anything here unless you are willing to pay for it.

It is possible that you might have a VERY good friend with spare land and prims  who will alllow you to rez your house - but not indefinitely and they can return it to you when ever they please.  This is very rare though.  I wouldn't go around asking your friends to allow you to do this (unless you are extremely close to them and know them well) because some may take offense and you might lose them as a friend. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

It is possible that you might have a VERY good friend with spare land and prims  who will alllow you to rez your house - but not indefinitely and they can return it to you when ever they please.  This is very rare though.  I wouldn't go around asking your friends to allow you to do this (unless you are extremely close to them and know them well) because some may take offense and you might lose them as a friend. 

oh baloney .. there are tons of sims where ppl can make friends w/ those who pay tier & hang out there for free .. the only real limitation is how many prims are available .. there may not be enuf for you to rezz a house but you can have your own space .. maybe a sleeping mat & an altar or shrine of your own there .. or you can make friends w/ someone & share their house .. in my experience SL is a very friendly place & is fulluv generous ppl .. i got invited to a sim where i could call home my very 1st day in SL .. this type of generosity isnt "very rare though" .. in my experience its the norm .. just because you are totally bought into the toy economy you shouldnt be propagandizing your way of playing SL to others .. its perfectly possible & easy to have your own space in SL w/out paying for it  .. & you wont get run off or banned unless you act like a jerk

Jeanne

RoxanneLoraine wrote:

I have $L0 and I've been playing for over a year. 

I don't know how to say it nicely, but this looks like you just want someone to feel sad because of your situation. The fact that you're here that long and with no money, means that you are either incompetent (which I doubt) or don't have time to start doing some job. 

Nothing is free! If you don't pay with money, there are other methods, even if it means spending few hours a day talking with some lonely soul or jumping from one pink ball to the other. It is one thing to meet a generous person who likes you and wants to help, but to go around and ask for free stuff... its just lame... I am sorry but I don't know to say it different. 

I see you tried to buy lindens, and you tried to find a job. I guess it is just a short period where you're out of luck. I could meet you, see what you know and maybe hire you, but I can't let you rezz your house on my place. I pay and work hard for every prim there, and I want all prims to look like I want:p 

So... my help would be.. try not to use the word f*** that much. After reading your profile and seeing that, answer to your 1st Life question is no. 

Then see what is for you, do you like clubs, shopping, creating things, selling? What you can do in SL, now? What are your skills? If I give you free land, can you give me something in return? Something other than ✰*~ ᶠ***ᵧₒᵤ! ι'м ℓινιηg му ѕєcση∂ ℓιƒє ѕυcкα-ƒяєє ~*✰

"The fact that you're here that long and with no money, means that you are either incompetent (which I doubt) or don't have time to start doing some job. "

Or just don't bother. Tons of free stuff to be had all over the grid, enough to keep you looking good and happy if your wishes aren't too specific in most cases.

But yes, she's whiny and trying to make others feel bad for her for not getting land for free as well. And she probably doesn't recognise the work people put into making those freebies she gets out of MM boards, lucky chairs, and group gifts, probably whines to her friends about them being the wrong colour or something else is not quite as she'd like it, dissing the makers as well for good measure.

It seems to me that some people forget, they also can buy lindens from LL?

You don't have to work or camp for getting linden$.

If you can afford to have an PC and be connected to the Internet, I would think that you also can afford to rent land for 150 L$ a week. - Or you can rent skyboxes starting at 50 L$ a week :-)

Walt Weston wrote:

It seems to me that some people forget, they also can buy lindens from LL?

You don't have to work or camp for getting linden$.

If you can afford to have an PC and be connected to the Internet, I would think that you also can afford to rent land for 150 L$ a week. - Or you can rent skyboxes starting at 50 L$ a week :-)

Haha

I am sorry if I caused any confusion, you are correct, she did mention getting lindens. It was you who said they can buy them from LL, and not work in order to get them. So I assumed in this case buying and getting means same:p

• 2 weeks later...

JeanneAnne wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

oh baloney .. there are tons of sims where ppl can make friends w/ those who pay tier & hang out there for free .. the only real limitation is how many prims are available .. there may not be enuf for you to rezz a house but you can have your own space .. maybe a sleeping mat & an altar or shrine of your own there .. or you can make friends w/ someone & share their house .. in my experience SL is a very friendly place & is fulluv generous ppl .. i got invited to a sim where i could call home my very 1st day in SL .. this type of generosity isnt "very rare though" .. in my experience its the norm .. just because you are totally bought into the toy economy you shouldnt be propagandizing your way of playing SL to others .. its perfectly possible & easy to have your own space in SL w/out paying for it  .. & you wont get run off or banned unless you act like a jerk

Jeanne

She was wanting free land to rez a house permanently , not to just hang out.  As far as myself, don't make assumptions about things you know nothing about.  I have many times over the years voluntarily, without being asked, given friends and new people I mentor a free home on one of my sims when they were in need of a place.  But my friends are not freeloaders and don't stay forever or if their stay was longer than expected they chipped in L's for tier without being asked.  I have a sim now that has a public area for relaxing and people can hang out there all they want as long as they don't rez things other than certain types of vehicles to ride or cause trouble.

Advising her to seek friends to sponge off of is advising her to use people.  I don't use people or condone it.  If I can't provide myself with my SL needs, I do without before asking anyone to provide them for me.   If I were approached by someone like the OP begging for land to rez her own house on for free like she has here, I'd be offended and so would most people I know, especially because she stated she has no time to work (so obviously wouldn't help out) and therefore implied she only wants to play.  It is like a stranger asking to move into my home because they came her for vacation and were too cheap to spring for a hotel.  SL is not a necessity in life and people begging in here is entirely different than people in genuine need begging in RL for food and shelter.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.