What to do next? See info...

Sally Hurricane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Helloo!

Firstly, Im not sure if this is the right place- I doubt it so I will remove it if it causes an uproar!

http://juicybomb.com/2012/07/16/juicybomb-com-studio-windlight-settings/

Ive downloaded the file and when i open one it shows lots of words and numbers in the internet explorer- on the blog post it says " and copy it from there"..what does it mean? where? o-o

5 answers to this question

The zip file that you download contains five different files of Windlight settings, plus a short text file that tells you what to do with them.  As it says, copy all of the files into this folder on your computer >>> C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\user_settings\windlight\skies .  When you open your viewer and navigate to the environment settings in your World menu, you will see the newly-loaded files in the list of choices.

I believe that Juicybomb has given incorrect information for installing Windlight presets.  That folder, AppData/Roaming/etc, is where the CURRENT sky setting resides.  The available presets are found in

C:\Program Files (X86)\Second Life\Viewer 3\app_settings\Windlight\skies 

(the path may be somewhat different if you have installed a different viewer, or to a different directory, but the Program Files (X86) part and the app_setttings\Windlight\Skies parts should be correct for all installations.)

Unzip the new presets and drop the unzipped .xml files into that directory.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.