Gonna be gone from in-world

zigazav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone. I'm gonna be gone from in-world for until I can get this problem fixed with SL which will allow me to play SL. (I get kicked-out of SL each time I log in!) I'll be back once I get this problem fixed. So uh...bye from SL in-world for a long time, but not forever.

Why not tell use what the problem is and maybe we can help. If you're getting kicked out of SL soon as you log in, it sounds like you may be wearing a group tag with incorrect characters.

If you can log in for enough seconds for you to select Groups and set to None that may solve it. If you don't have enough time, you will need to contact the group owner, explain the situation and ask that he/she remove you from the group. Do you have an alt account? If not, create a new one and see if you can log in with it. If so, he can contact the group owner. If you have Premium, use Live Chat and LL will deal with it.

You could also try logging in using a Text Only Viewer like METABolt or Radegast to log your avatar on.. If successful, select the no group option and remove any unneeded objects, logout and try the full SL client again.

http://radegast.org/wp/

http://www.metabolt.net/

Another possibility is that you are wearing a scripted device that is activating immediately you log in and crashing you. You would need to log in to a no script parcel and then remove it.

Or y'know, it could be something wrong on your side that's quite fixable if you just ASK.

When I kept crashing I found uninstalling SL and deleting all the files left over from it got it back on track after reinstallation. I never realized it leaves so much crap on your computer even after uninstalling.

In an extreme case, have you tried re-installing your viewer? There are some hidden files associated with any viewer that would have to get deleted, I forget how to get to them but I am sure someone here will know.

But yeah just try logging into other places from the welcome screen, just whatever regions you remember the names of. or if your welcome screen has some places to go, try one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

@everyone: Thanks guys, but my computer's power shorted-out, and broke, so I can't get on my computer at all! Screen seems to have cracked too, but digitally. I'll try you people's ideas when it get fixed, after I get valuble files backed-up from my computer to a memory stick. I'm only able to talk to you people right now because I'm using a shared computer. Hope to talk her in SL and hope to be able to get my computer repaired soon! Bye!

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.