Problem with uploaded pics

snigletz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe this would be the right place for such a question. I have a number of photos i'd like to upload in SL including a RL photo. But each of the photos i add are always turned either sideways or completely upside down. Even if i alter the photo and turn it upside down, then upload it, it still uploads upside down.

The pic was taken on my cell and sent to my computer if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help

Try rotating the picture with your editing software before you upload them.  I use GIMP but any editor would work fine as long as it will save to one of the accepted image formats that SL allows (JPG, BMP, TGA).  I would suggest TGA or BMP since they are lossless which means you get the best quality.  Also make sure you size the image properly for what it is you are wanting.........I believe the profile images are square so 256 by 256 would be good.

When you send the file from your phone to your computer open it in an image editing program then save the photo assuming the orientation is correct. If not correct, correct it and again save it. Even if it looks correct, some say to rotate it then rotate back and save but I don't think that's really necessary long as you save it in an image editing program and don't just transfer to your computer and straight to SL.

Most photos taken with a mobile phone will need editing anyway just to correct colour casts, sharpnening, cropping etc.

snigletz wrote:

But each of the photos i add are always turned either sideways or completely upside down. Even if i alter the photo and turn it upside down, then upload it, it still uploads upside down.

The pic was taken on my cell and sent to my computer if that makes a difference.

Perhaps turning your computer upside-down when downloading.  Or rotate your cel phone sideways.

Storm Clarence wrote:

snigletz wrote:

But each of the photos i add are always turned either sideways or completely upside down. Even if i alter the photo and turn it upside down, then upload it, it still uploads upside down.

Perhaps turning your computer upside-down when downloading.  Or rotate your cel phone sideways.

recently i had to take a photo while hanging up side down.

that was indeed very nerve racking

• 2 months later...

Ran into the same problem today, but the source was a gif from a site. I got the file, then opened in gimp and exported as tga.  Then upload to SL and upside down.  So I flipped it and uploaded again.  Upside down.  And since this is a texture for a particle script - there ain't no flipping the prim :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4318 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.