Vampires spamming bite request !

Ed Palletier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

somewhere along the line i had gotten bitten..i used to be so proud that they never got me..then somehow i ended up on their database..

Ceka, are you on the Bloodlines database or another vampire-themed one?  I remember when The Hunger (think that's what it's called) appeared in SL a year or so after Bloodlines.  Apparently based on the movie by the same name the M.O. of its players is to go to nightclubs or bars and randomly bite (I suppose) people BUT, here's the kicker, the victim has no knowledge of it.  I still haven't figured out how that happens.

Talked to my trusty friend, the Bloodlines Vamp, about this.  He said the only way you can tell if Hunger vamps are in the area is by wearing their HUD.  Yeah, just what I want to do - support that stupid rp - NOT.  The last time I asked him for clarification of Bloodlines (as noted in my posts above) - he "reminded" me that Bloodlines aren't the only game in town and are actually less "insidious" since they are "open" about bite requests.

Ok, found their website:
.  It does indeed say that "
Our game is discrete so as not to disturb any non-players you bite. They will not receive a popup and they will not be told you've "bitten" them.
"  However, it adds: "
They will also never appear on our website in any way."  

Ok, that's just creepy.  On the one hand it's good an innocent victim who doesn't even get a choice in this particular group does not land on a database - so they say but, on the other hand, the whole thing just creeps me out.  There are very creative ways to rp vampires - I met one years ago who was not a part of any of the "game HUD" types - and had amazing rp skills in addition to a great av look for the part, an AO that had all kinds of wierd effects and a castle that could have come straight from 19th century Gothic novels.  IMO, wearing a HUD and walking around SL spamming bites is lazy and not rp of any kind.

I'm with Perrie, for all the trouble, misconceptions, etc. Bloodlines has caused, I'd prefer to see it just shut down.  But, it's a money maker and as long as it doesn't violate TOS, LL will let it stand.

ya i finally seen myself on their website hehehehe

and for the life of me i have no idea when it happened..

but i'm not worried about it really...i just toy if anyone ever IM's me..and really it's only been a couple of times..

i don't get spammed or anything..i just look ghouly or whatever to them i guess..hehehehe

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Thanks Czari, look forward to finding out what does happen when a bite request is sent to someone who has worn the necklace. :-)

Ok, as promised I conducted live "field research" and have a definite answer.

I asked my friend who is in Bloodlines to come to my house, wear the Bloodlines HUD and  send a bite request to me. (I had worn the garlic necklace about 3 years ago, clicked it as per instructions, and now have it archived in my inventory.)

After my friend attached the Bloodlines HUD, my name showed up indicating next to it that I had worn the necklace and the message "Do not disturb this person" or something similar; I was more interested in what would happen if that message was disregarded.

Next my friend "ignored" the do not disturb me message on the HUD and attempted to bite me anyway.  I saw nothing, no drop down bite request, nothing in chat; HOWEVER my friend got this message:

[2012/10/10 13:42]  <Friend>: [13:41:33] Fangs [Thirst::Bloodlines] 3.5: Czari Zenovka has activated the garlic necklace, and cannot be bitten.

Therefore, if one puts on the garlic necklace and clicks it - they will never again see another bite request.

Ok, as promised I conducted live "field research" and have a definite answer.

I asked my friend who is in Bloodlines to come to my house, wear the Bloodlines HUD and  send a bite request to me. (I had worn the garlic necklace about 3 years ago, clicked it as per instructions, and now have it archived in my inventory.)

After my friend attached the Bloodlines HUD, my name showed up indicating next to it that I had worn the necklace and the message "Do not disturb this person" or something similar; I was more interested in what would happen if that message was disregarded.

Next my friend "ignored" the do not disturb me message on the HUD and attempted to bite me anyway.  I saw nothing, no drop down bite request, nothing in chat; HOWEVER my friend got this message:

[2012/10/10 13:42]  <Friend>: [13:41:33] Fangs [Thirst::Bloodlines] 3.5: Czari Zenovka has activated the garlic necklace, and cannot be bitten.

Therefore, if one puts on the garlic necklace and clicks it - they will never again see another bite request.

That's great, Czari! I'm so glad I wore the necklace lol. Thanks for checking on how this would work. :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.