Dune buggy (premium item gift) speed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The dune buggy (58 prims?!) is one premium gift which hurt premium memberships far more than help them. It's terribly built and almost impossible to handle. I certainly will not be encouraging anyone, even now premium, to run and get one. Any Steam gamer who first uses that dune buggy won't be able to log back out of SL fast enough! I've used it once and don't see removing it from inventory for use ever again. And in fact, it's very likely to simply be deleted. 

And, we again see LL's inability to do the simplest marketing correctly. With every purchase I buy from the marketplace, I also receive a LM needed to fully actualize the purchase. However, someone at LL is so clueless as not to package a LM to the rezzing/driving areas along with the buggy. Doh! There is not one single link to an all-in-one pickup, rezzing and driving area on the blog page, either. I'm already premium and can therefore skip the unneeded extra steps. 

LL's premium gifts are having me think they are wasting my premium membership fees on ill-considered, useless, poorly made and marketed "gifts," when the very best gift of all would be to use that money to repair SL's often crippled infrastructure. 

I consider this offer an insult at a time when Im unable to get into sl without fear of exceeding the GB usage limit set by my isp...last night I used 128mbs of  my 'allowance' in a few minutes.....Ive not been into sl properly for a fortnight now and we only have vague stories that this issue will be rectified next tuesday...

I wonder if this was intended as some kind of very bad joke...the gifts a buggy - and so is sl.....

I drove it down my 152m runway wearing 2 different HUDs showing speed in KPH.  I was able to get up to 68 KPH before running off the end of the runway.  I tried a couple of drag strips found in search and couldn't get more than a few tenths of a KPH more.  Top speed may be more but you'll need a really long straight flat stretch to get it.

There doesn't appear to be any gears.  Handling is pretty bad.  It seems to me that it was designed for Racers Gulch.  It does ok there but takes practice.  It's difficult to manuever if you get stuck.  I've had to use edit mode.  This is NOT a touring vehicle.  It's useless for exploring the roads on the continents.

The vehicle is made from mesh.

I don't know if you are joking, but if you realy want the free premium rail handcar, you can still get it. Not from any of the premium vendors, you have to go inside the rail shed at Saminekim 30, 70, 50 and click rail handcar. Michael Linden will then sell you a copy for 0 Linden. You can rez your copy right outside the shed - this is a rez zone.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4259 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.