When is SL to much time in game?

wrable Amat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I made a game ,and I waned it to be a challenge for people .

I figure a point system to be every 30 mins it is able to remove points keeping the player in the habit of keeping things in the game that gain points on their mind.

A person IMs me to say "I think there something wrong with my game HUD,all I do is struggle to keep my health points up"  So wanting to solve any bugs that might be in the HUD we talked about her game habits,this person plays SL at min 10 hours strait a day !

When I made the game I figure most play a few hours a day at Max im thinking 3 to 4  and heck that still not 7 days a week.

Then this person tells me she a stay at home mother..

I just wanted to state some where today I must be old now....... I soud like my mother!!

YOUR NOT A  STAY AT HOME MOTHER YOUR A STAY AT HOME SLER!!

How can you raise a children at 10 strait hours of SL,there a lot of time you child must stair at a wall  not getting exercise not to mention interaction with others is healthy for children!! 

BTW it is a maternity game and a big part of the good health points are gained by being in the  presence of family you add to the HUD by their uuid which scans every so after to see if they are around you and how long to gather points!!

Any one that plays 10 hours a day must know and understand they are craving companionship at some level..

Children of all ages even babies do to.It is part of a healthy up brining..

It a big part of child character building..

I BUILD A WHOLE FING GAME THIS PERSON LOVES TO PLAY BASED AROUND THE IMPORTANT OF A REAL SOCAIL LIFE FOR RAISING CHILDREN! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!  lol..

I feel some kind of responsibility to be open with my friends..Girl get off SL and raise your children!!!

Back to the question posted ,How much time do you think is healthy for the normal person to play SL every day?

And how much do you play?

I play around 3 hours a day,but log in 4 to 5 but I can tell you at least 2 hours a day im AFK doing rl stuff.

The end

I've played for as long as 36 hours before... but I was 18 and had no children and I hate the winter so sue me.

But I do play a lot of Second Life due to Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia, Ironically when people look at me they find it hard to believe I spend big chunks of my day inside behind a computer screen.

Still Second Life doesn't have a demographic I meet people who are office working men, gym going jocks, stay at home moms. My land lady on Second Life sells house in Real Life and Parcels in Second Life she's also a mom and she's online a lot. I like to joke with her about what if she found her son (whose 18) on Second Life doing the dirty, She trys to stear the conversation away, I love that.

As for a healthy amount of time... I don't know there's no defenition really, it says you should step away from the computer for 10 minutes every hour to relax your eyes and reduce the carple tunnle syndrom... But there's nothing "medically" wrong with Second Life nore is there anything Unhealthy. 

People have obsessions. If someone watched a 10 hour marathon of The Office US people would be like "LOL it's an awesome show" yet if people spend 10 hours on Second Life it's like "oh wow that's sad" I don't understand people.

I guess it would be up to a couple of things.

One would be, "what kind of responsibilities you have in RL to tend to". If you don't have any kids. Then by all means. Use all the free time you can. Because one day you will have kids. For those who have sent the kids off to their own lives. Then I would say also . Live it up. Spend as much time as you feel healthy doing. If a person didn't have kids and single and wasn't playing SL. What else would they do? Be out drinking and driving? Hittin up the town trying to make babies? LOL Probably safer at home in SL LOL.

The other would be " If you have to question your self on how much game time you are playing per day", then it may be time to take a break LOL

Finding and having friends to do activities based on the HUD commands is a achieved goal  as you have to have social skills to maintain a friendship that includes objectives for your own game play and not just come off as "will you go with me to a lamaze for a point" Something you sound like you lack in..I bet  you are the guy with the bike handle grip shaped **bleep** and a lot of time on your hands in moms basement...

Think your are being a bit judgmental here.  She could be a stay at home mom of teenagers that are fully functional on their own and just need her there from time to time.  Most teenagers don't want their mom hanging over their shoulder all the time.  If she appears busy with her own stuff, they are more comfortable, and she can keep an eye on them without them knowing it and be a deterrent to questionable behavior.

So how much is too much?  It really depends on the person and what their RL obligations are.  There are disabled people on SL that are bed bound and they spend a lot of time in SL because its freedom to them.  Also people that are sick or recovering from a serious illness may spend a lot of time in here.  SL isn't always a game either,.  Some people work in SL, or are taking RL classes here.  I know a few that have their avi's logged in most all the time, but they are afk a lot and just come back to check messages or squeeze in a few minutes taking a break before going back to RL obligations.

So you shouldn't judge people using the time they spend in SL as a ruler unless you know the intimate details of their RL.  Personally, I think being in SL is a whole lot healthier than sitting in front of a TV.  At least in here you can socialize and be creative and not just sit there and let the TV waves calcify your brain. 

It all depends on your own makeup. If you find your self getting aggrivated at the little things, or find people becoming annoying, then its time to take a break for a day or 2 and ground your self to RL. I'm not always perfect at this because most of my experties revolves around technology such as Modding videogames or studying code.  When you start seeing many limitations and bugs and sutff, then its time too take a break and come at it with a fresh head. Im not saying dodge the bugs, just saying that its a better approach to work with sometimes.

who gives you authority to decide how I spend my time?
No one? Then why do you decide to do so?

You're a control freak, highly judgmental, and a toxic personality.

It's not up to you to determine how long people "are allowed" to log in on second life, let alone do things there. If anyone at all has that authority it's Linden Labs, as we're using their servers, their bandwidth, thus they pay for us being in world (not counting premium accounts, unless LL changes the contract for those to include limits, which currently aren't set down).

I often spend days online without logging off. I don't spend all that time behind a screen though, and even if I am behind a screen it's not always the one running SL (I've multiple computers, multiple screens on some of them), so you'd have no way to determine whether I'm actually there or not.

Now get a life and let others have theirs.

i think the person maybe said they logged in for 10 hours. is not the same as playing

lots of people do that. just log in the morning and leave open all day. then log out at night. they do the laundry, clean the house, feed the kids, bake cakes, make the lunch and dinner. do the vacuuming. make beds. and on and on

i know lots of ladies who do that way

like chat chat chat then they say waito i have to get the cake out the oven. and they after a bit they back and chat chat chat again. and they say am making icing. and you say what kind? and they say whatever and then chat chat about icing and cakes. and all kinds of other things like that

+

some not even log out at night. just go do their SL modelling job while they have a sleep

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.