The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only secure way was the verification with passport, driverlicence and similar documents. It was a good barrier to stop most of the teens. Now, only knowing a person for some time can offer a kind of verification (if both are talking about real life, using voice chat and having a good knowledge about people).

The risk was and will never be 0, but today, we need to say goodbye to the illusion we are surrounded by adults in mature and adult areas.

This seems to be just a wording change rather than a new capability. You could restrict land to 'age verified' even if the land was on a G rated region. Restricting land to  'Are age 18 or older' is the same thing. The new phrase makes more sense because age verified really meant 'age 18 or older verified'. There's no more verification, so dropping 'verified' gives you the new phrase.

I'd prefer the Lindens use something even more accurate, such as "Claims to be age 18 or older".

i think it have more to do with olbie residents who maybe a bit worried about all the 16 and 17 yo steamer hordes massing at the borders

linden can  now say to anyone on G land, see that really obvious cant miss it option in your parcel controls. turn it on ok and you will be safe and warm in your home. more importantly can also stop all them steamers from messing on your lawn

will be ok that for lots of people. keeping yobbies off the lawn is pretty popular in SL

Still, even in G land, there will be places where children are not welcome.  Since age verification doesn't actually exist anymore, having a land control requiring it is moot.  So the control has been renamed to apply to the existing situation where age verification does not apply yet the presense of minors remains unwelcome.  (^_^)

I doubt many people on G land will take advantage of this.  NCI's G parcels will remain open to all as I suspect most educational regions will maintain.  What few underage residents there are left will just have to hang out where it's safe, that's all. (^_^)y

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Maybe it would be better if the option was changed to "Can only be accessed by people who have said/set they want to access/view Adult content.

Perhaps.  I think the adult content lobby would be very unhappy with that though.

I think they should have dropped the check box all together myself.

Remove all the restrictions and make Teleporting more like what ChatRoulette was (is?) like.

Totally random and you never knew what you were going to see.

SFW

SFW

NSFW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.