Flagged items on marketplace

xDramaQueeNx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some hours ago i had received a message  concerning some of my MarketPlace products that were flagged. Linden lab also gave me the address with the Second Life listing guidelines in order to read it (?) or something. I have already read all of that stuff long before I list some of my items. in the Market place and the only thing I've changed from the time I used the Marketplace is the name of my store,the pictures and i have just update some products. I also have other items listed in the Marketplace that are not flagged as I respectfully agreed in all of  terms in the listing guidelines. some of my items are removed and others listed according to the same rules are not.I have send already a ticket but i havent take a reply from linden lab yet. 

It may take them a day or two to reply to your Ticket, but Dakota Linden is especially good about letting people know why their items were removed ... when a Ticket has been filed. She will reply, but she has a lot of Tickets to handle so it may take her some time.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

When you sell a pair of shoes, but you use keywords like: skin, eye, makeup, eyebrow, building, house, and so on, then you are asking to get flagged. Unrelated keywords are highly irritating for shoppers, so one day or another this irritation will lead to a flag.

Oh you mean like if I went to View>Source Code in my browser and saw this list of keywords for a pair of boots? Yes that would be annoying.

content="boots,shoes,foot,nails,heels,sandals,mesh,ankle,leg,body,shape,skin,eye,makeup,stiletto,pumps,army,building,house,store,fashion,color,shop,style,hud,script,eyebrow,accessories,earrings,ring,ears,hand"/>

Pamela Galli wrote:

Oh you mean like if I went to View>Source Code in my browser and saw this list of keywords for a pair of boots? Yes that would be annoying.

content="boots,shoes,foot,nails,heels,sandals,mesh,ankle,leg,body,shape,skin,eye,makeup,stiletto,pumps,army,building,house,store,fashion,color,shop,style,hud,script,eyebrow,accessories,earrings,ring,ears,hand"/>

WOW!!! I didnt know you could do that!!

Thats so cool...its like the day i found out about Shift Ctrl R inworld and getting a glimpse at how the computer sees things

now i'm checking all my keywords lol :P

This was an example from what i had put in my Listing keywords in shoes! before places an item in marketplace i make an extended search in many items with same type of keywords,adult/moderate/general categories/brands e.t.c. I can listed here a big list with items from marketplace with those kind of keywords that are not flagged and are in marketplace over a year with a very big popularity...  I thought this is not problem because many creators/resellers use this guideline. 

You better study the marketplace guidelines:

• Item or Keyword Spam.
    • Item spam is listing an item more than once, for any reason, and will not be tolerated. The SL Marketplace provides ways to increase visibility for nominal fees. Consider an Item Enhancement or a Banner Ad. Clear variations of an item, for example, an item offered in multiple sizes (such as small, medium, and large shoes), or an item offered in multiple colors (such as a blue and black sport coat), are, however, allowed and are not considered item spam.
    • Keyword spam is the use of words (such as brand names, item names, or other terms) that have nothing to do with the item listed so that the listing will appear in search results. Keyword spam is not allowed because it clutters the SL Marketplace and makes buying and selling more difficult. In addition:
      • We do not allow descriptions that promote unrelated items in other listings, for instance, items listed in other listing categories. For example, a listing for shoes cannot say things like, "Check out my other listings for cars and watches."
      • However, it is permissible to include a link to one's store in-world or one's other listings, as long as the words used in the description do not skew search results. For example, the shoe merchant above could say: "I have these shoes in other colors, check those out here," but CANNOT say "I have these shoes in pink, yellow, blue, and green."
      • We expressly prohibit the hiding of unrelated keywords using white-on-white text, tiny fonts, HTML code, or other means intended to circumvent the rules.

xDramaQueeNx wrote:

I thought this is not problem because many creators/resellers use this guideline. 

Well now you know. It is a problem. When someone searches for "house" they do not want to have boots cluttering up the results. 

But I think you know that.

xDramaQueeNx wrote:

This was an example from what i had put in my Listing keywords in shoes! before places an item in marketplace i make an extended search in many items with same type of keywords,adult/moderate/general categories/brands e.t.c. I can listed here a big list with items from marketplace with those kind of keywords that are not flagged and are in marketplace over a year with a very big popularity...  I thought this is not problem because many creators/resellers use this guideline. 

Then you have a big list of items that could be flagged.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.