ROLLING RESTARTS SHOULD BE ONLY BE FROM 12 MIDNITE TO 6AM PST

HarleyRainn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Many of us pay tiers for starting a club or shopping mall so why have rolling restarts during the day when something could come arise ending up a restart taking longer then usual, at least if Linden Labs has these restarts during the midnite to 6am hours we could pay the tiers in time without penalties. (thats a clue) . Many of my online friends are thinking the same, It's just better business this way plus activity is minimum at those hours thats the main reason to have restarts at those hours

Why? Want to discriminate the people in other timezones?

Don't forget, second life is quite international when it comes to its residents and I don't see why it would be better to move the restarts to a certain time, cause there will be countries and residents who also want to have some fun.

I think with tiers, you can pay them in advance.Even if but a couple days. I mean you don't have to wait until the last minute. I am not being smart ass here, I am just saying cause some folks might be under the impression that you have to wait until the end of the lease to pay again.

Well say like you pay a week at a time. You have 4 days left, you pay a week's rent, it will then stretch it out to 11 days.

People don't work the graveyard at LL.  They'd have to hire more people or pay overtime, which would increase their expenses and give them a good reason to raise tiers.

Rolling restarts rarely last longer than a few minutes, an hour at most for a MAJOR upgrade, unless the sim has another problem and then a ticket will generally bring it back fast..  That leaves plenty of time to pay your tier, its really not an excuse for being late at all, its just poor planning on your part. 

You don't have to log out of SL when rolling restarts hit your sim, Just TP out to another place temporarily.

FYI, while 12-6 am may not be a time you and your friends are on on, however there are plenty of people on SL then.  Some because they live in other time zones and some because they are like me.  I love building during that time period personally. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.