unwanted sound in SL

wizzelone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

lately i noticed that i come places and suddenly i hear sound like a movie or something playing.

when i ask other if they hear it  than they say no, no body els seems to hear it.

i tryed to mute every sound option and even the master sound level but that dos not work.

the only thing that works is to tp to some where els and than back or move my camera of to

a sim next door.

dos any one know what this is and more inportend how i can stop this its enoying and it makes

me look as aif i have Schizophrenia because no one els  seems to hear it

9 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Forums, wizzelone. 

If no one seems to hear it then it could either be because they don't have their sounds set up the same way as yours, or because their camera focus is elsewhere, or because the sound is coming from something attached to you.

However, because you say the sound goes away when you teleport to another location, or you move your camera away, I am inclined to think it is possible there are some hidden noise makers dotted about.  Do you happen to be hearing these sounds in one particular location, ie a Linden home? 

If you press "ctrl" "alt" and "t" all at the same time, it will highlight any invisible prims for you.  Or you can turn on beacons via the menus at the top of your screen to find sound sources. 

In case it is something you are attached to that is creating the sound, try detaching all from your avatar, see if that makes any difference.

Wishing you luck, and hope you will return to this thread often with updates, and the eventual solution.

This has actually happened to me before,I'm not actually sure HOW it happened but somehow my SL bridge became corrupted & kept playing a sound file over & over again that no 1 but me could hear. I had removed all my attachments & eventually worked my way to that being the only thing attached to me & when I removed it; it all stopped. You'll have to go to preferences & there's an option for the bridge,just uncheck the box. Hope that helps you.

I am bumping this because I have had this issue for about a week now and it is driving me crazy!  I only get the unwanted sound when I am in my SL home/land.  It is SUPER annoying.  My sound is the Mario Super Brothers video game sound bite.  It plays at random times with not a lot of time in between and it plays no matter what is muted.  UGH! I am going to try the one suggestion from other about clearing my cache and hope that works for me as well.

if your getting random sounds on your own land there is a simple way to stop it go into the sound tab of your Land control panel and turn on "restrict Gesture and Object sounds to this parcel. if you still hear it after that its on your land so use the object tab to find it and return it.

bb359ac39a1a0639b0311ba46980ea97.pngel.

On 7/22/2020 at 11:27 PM, Sakura Sands said:

Is there a way to change how far away you can hear things?  I seem to be able to hear people emoting or objects that are very far away when most people hear nothing at all...

In settings, check to see whether you listen from avatar position or from camera position.  Using the camera, it may be possible to hear other people at distances your avatar wouldn’t normally hear.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.