Dance animation breaks my collar. Anyone know how to fix it?

Spibe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I accepted some dance animation, and then did the whole /99 Stop to stop it from dancing like it told me to.  Now every time I go to a new sim or do any sort of teleporting by any means.  It makes my avatar collapse on the floor.  The only way to get it off the floor is to go to Avatar - Health - Stop animations.  But, it gets annoying to have to do it every time.  Does anybody know what's causing this problem?  How to fix my collar and everything?  I don't really feel like making a new collar, because then I'd have to change all my outfits that have that collar in it.  It'd just be nice to know for future reference.

A dance animation as well as any animation is a file in a specific format (.bhv) It is not going to listen to any "/99 stop" or anything else by that matter. What you have there is not an animation but an object, either you wear it or it is rezzed somewhere in your sim. The object contains a script starting an animation. I don't know how it starts it, you don't detail it, but apparently it isstill trying to do it every time you're around. Use Stop Animating Avatar button and then delete the object or take it back to inventory.

This sounds like an old classic issue that you see when you teleport before standing and thus stopping the animation. Often you appear standing but to everyone else, you are doing that last animation. I used to see lots of newbies hiding across the floor dancing or in some stuck sex animation, totally oblivious to it all.

After a relog, you should be fine.

Neither of those worked >.<  But I did delete all the animations in my collar because I don't use them anyway.  That solved the problem.  It might have somehow set it so that every time I enter a sim or something, it played the sleep animation I assume.  Not sure why it started, but now I don't have the issue.

It doesn't sound like the dance was involved, honestly

If you corrected a typo, and ended up saying:-

*sleep

in local chat, it's probable your collar listened and activated this animation.

it's common to use asterisks(*) to correct spellings, but asterisks also perform collar commands on all collars that you have permissions on.

To stop collar animations, use either <your prefix>release or *release

Removing the animations will cause the collar to stop listening for these trigger words (if 'sleep' can't be found, it won't activate it).

I'm trying to understand the sequence of events here.

As Ela says, a dance animation needs a script to play it.   The script also needs your permission to animate you.   The scripts in your collar request (and are silently granted) your permission to play animations in the collar's inventory, and the script in the dance machine, chim or whatever put up a dialogue box asking for permission to play the animations in that objects.   

Which means that there's no real connection between what the dance machine is doing and what your collar is doing.   In the normal course of events, they wouldn't need even to know of each other's existence.   Saying "/99 stop" tells the dance machine that it no longer has permission to animate you, and if things are working properly, then it should stop animating you and forget about you.    Unless, coincidentally, your collar happens to be listening on channel 99, too, it won't be affected by all this.

The fact the problem persisted suggests it's something malfunctioning in the collar (as does the fact you cured it by removing the animations from the collar) and that any connection with the dance animation is pretty tangential.    

There may be a clue in the the fact the problem happened whenever you teleported or moved to a new sim.    

I don't want to speculate about why, exactly, your collar would want to play a particular animation if (change & CHANGED_TELEPORT || change & CHANGED_REGION) -- which is what you describe -- but if it happens again I think the first fix would be to tell it stop whatever it thinks it's doing by issuing the appropriate commands to release you from poses, unleash you and so on (even though you're not, in fact, leashed or kneeling).   

If that doesn't work, then simply resetting the collar scripts should fix it, but at the cost of losing all your settings (masters, mistresses, and so on).

Sounds like the collar works like an AO and plays the animations in the collar. What is triggered under what condition is unknown here.

So either the collar isn't designed for adding animations or it just doesn't work properly or it works differently to what you expect.

The /99stop command is not an SL thing. Many danceballs (but not all) listen to this but thats scripted by the creators of that devices. The collar obviously doesn't care for a stop command on channel 99.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.