Sizing mesh from default to standard sizing system

beanster Potato

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya..

During the past couple of months, i've been preparing quite some mesh garments all adjusted and skinned to the default SL shape as this was the best way to go regarding the future mesh deformer so i've been told. Since the release of the deformer is taking way longer than I was hoping for, im considering to size the garments that i've made so far to the 'standard' sizing system and start uploading to the maingrid. However, im wondering if it is even possible to simply resize clothing that were fit to the default SL shape to fit the shapes of the standard sizing system? The proportions dont match up well, especially the shoulder area. Also, is there a specific way of how to resize clothing or do you just grab the whole model and resize it until it somewhat fit other shapes? Similar questions were probably already asked here which I was'nt able to find back, sorry.. and thanks in advance : )

Ps. Im using Blender 

Hello

I am aware that Ricelli? (Riccelli?), has what seems to be a standardised sizing system. Free demos of different size dresses/skirts & tops too. Maybe those comply to the system you refer to? Or the maker knows more about the system?

Great clothes but they don't fit my shape unfortunately.

Until a mesh/size deformer is availabe I'll just make stuff for myself.

Thanks for responding, thats what I needed to know, alt-s already works a little better than just s in some cases : ) I secretly hoped there was some other magical way to fit the clothes from default shape to the standard sizing shapes better without having to (party) reconstruct the clothing for each shape and redo the skinning and weightpainting. Just resizing does'nt show me very good results.. for example when scaling shorts until the waistband fits, the cuffs gets too big for the legs and similar difficulties when it comes to torso vs. sleeves.. the proportions just dont match up well when comparing the default sl shape to the standard shapes :/ Guess ill continue waiting for the deformer instead of putting too much energy into resizing.

With standard sizing (more like alien sizing to me but ok), I meant these btw :)

well i am having trouble fitting clothes and accessories in general (blender). right now, i am working on the mayadoll and converting to something similar to this:

robot003-400x400.jpg

i am also using ball-jointed doll so i need to cut up the mayadoll

doll parts_001.jpg

*from DollCoCo*

of course this right now mayadoll and robotic is too dense for second life. but i want to use the same model for the high-end and for sl. but for second life. so i am interest in what kind of things i could use -- hair, clothes, attachment. or create something different.  i have no plans on selling anything but i would want to have a standard model so that other people can wear whatever.

i want a standard the we have agreed to so i can experiment with these models and bring them to second life/opensim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.