Griefers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Gyod, do you realize there are like tons of places other than Disorientation Island to hang out at?

Being griefed is part of being in SL. You CANNOT let it bother you.

You think it is bad here, try playing WoW sometime. That place is nothing BUT griefing, lollercoastering, pwn1ng,  "yo mamma" jokes etc..

Time to put on your big girl panties and get over it.

I have filed more reports in the last three weeks than carter has liver pills.. as for as I know.. the only actions taken against "one" (out of several) received a 3 day ban on one of his many accounts... about all I've seen here is people bashing me and telling me to just let it go. move on.. I believe thats the wrong way NOW.. this have gone on for to long.. and it's getting worse every single day....I will not run and hide.. I will not be intimidated.. I will stand up for what I believe is an injustice.  Let me pull some of the BS griefers or getting away with.. my account would be gone in a new york minute.

OK. So you've mastered the AR. Almost.

Why would you think that informing the person you've just ARd that you've done so, or otherwise engaging them, was a good idea?

Let's go back to those Teen Safety Guidelines, shall we?

Don’t respond to nasty comments or actions

If a mean or inappropriate comment or action is directed at you, then the best thing to do is ignore it and report it inworld at Help > Report Abuse.

Hmmm. It doesn't say "report it inworld at Help > Report Abuse and then try to rub it in their face" (always a fail move), does it?

And you actively seek these people out ON YOUR MAIN. Only an idiot would think that they wouldn't then seek them out to cause more grief.

Have fun in Ahern, and good luck in your "one man mission to get them out of SL."

To quote someone from one of your videos: "I hope to g-d when I get in my 60s that I have more to do online than that."

"one man mission".... you got that right.... while us venues owners spend hard earned cash to invest inworld to rent land and buy things needed to have a nice venue....including useless "security orbs" only to have some jerks come and ruin our pass time pleasures to enjoy live music..from people I am so dearly greatful to be associated with...while Linden Lab does nothing NOTHING to help control the abuse we endure.

You might have missed this part:

And
you actively seek these people out ON YOUR MAIN
. Only an idiot would think that
they
wouldn't then seek
them
out to cause more grief.

You go looking for it, Robert. You're kidding nobody but yourself.

Why? Only you can answer that.

Have a nice day.

yeah whatever... this isn't about me.. see title of thread again....the fact of the matter is Linden Lab has no control...not even of their very own PG rated sims... and thats pretty sad. Here I was minding my own business planning to have a grand opening and outta' nowhere.. I become a victim of griefer abuse.. file reports.. told to just turn the other cheek.. they will go ago.. only to make someone else a victim...it's like a dog chaseing it's tail.. a never ending process.

LL doesn't police the welcome areas like they should... you don't say.... wow.. thats unbelieveable.. I thought horse avatars wearing a **bleep**, abusing children avatars was the norm... griefers returning to their favorite Welcome Hubs after ruining the fun of venues hosting music events....So they don't police the welcome areas?!  I'm totally shocked. Don't tell me they don't follow up on Abuse Reports.. I just could not believe that either.

I don't think it is sympathy that he wants. I mean, he does seem to be going all out to get attention, but what a rancid way of going about it, eh? :matte-motes-sour:

Robert69, I ask you, what did you really want when you began this thread?  Did you expect everybody to come marching to your assistance like a set of vigilantes? 

We have agreed with you, that there are griefers at the welcome areas, and no, it's not acceptable, BUT Robert 69, you are actually adding to the problem.  Every post you make here is feeding the griefers too.  And everyone is laughing at you, not with you.

If I had seen the big blue horse masturbating I might have submitted an abuse report, but I would not have told the blue horse that I was reporting them.  I would have allowed Linden Lab to follow it up. 

Also, if I was being made so unhappy by something, as you are unhappy, I would not be jumping into that situation time and time again.  You cannot change the world, as much as you might wish to.  You can keep your own corner of it tidy, you can be a responsible human being and report things you see are not right, and you can hope for the best that someone follows it up.  You cannot, however, expect everyone to agree with your methods, because they are wrong.  Your way of dealing with griefers is making it very much worse, for you, and for other people, especially the newer residents who are arriving in Second Life all the time. 

And I am disappointed in you, Robert69, for not being mature enough at your age and with your experience in SL.  You should know better by now, especially as sticking your head right in the lion's mouth is only getting your face chewed off time and time again.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

LOL! I'm not defending anybody, Robert. The only one "defending" anything is you defending your own position, which is indefensible.

I bid you a good day once more. I'm off to take a nap. :smileyhappy:

@Marigold: Yeah, what you said. Every bit of it.

Enjoy your nap, Griffin, you deserve it for persevering and being so patient. 

I'm off to cook a pasta bolognese for me and my Bro now.

Peace! 

Robert69 Little wrote:

exposing the problems on here is about as USELESS as filing a abuse report.... "the finger all point in my direction no matter what".. so be it... Thanks alot for doing NOTHING Linden Lab.

Well, LL does not really read the forums, and you are seriously whining on and on...great entertainment though!

Oh and before you reply, I am in Ahern as I type this (one of the Welcome Area's I frequent weekly) and it's..well, the usual regulars bantering along.

I am in SL for 5 years now and have seen the occasional case of griefing. I did, and still do, what is advised to you over an over again: AR, mute and move on. I have have my own sims too, but never got 'followed' to there by griefers I reported. Why? Well, I never interacted with them, nor engaged them. AR and mute and if needed: avoid the sim they live on.

It is so simple really, but I have also seen your other endless whining thread...sheesh, get a grip and move on. Unless you enjoy all this, which seems to be the case....

Robert69 Little wrote:

.. Here I was minding my own business planning to have a grand opening and outta' nowhere.. I become a victim of griefer abuse.. file reports.. told to just turn the other cheek.. they will go ago.. only to make someone else a victim...it's like a dog chaseing it's tail.. a never ending process.

when you have a pest problem in reals you deal with it efficiently. like you dont bother chat to cockroaches and mice and flies do you. no. you just smash them. and you keep smash them until they all dead or they go away

longtime SL landowners become longtime owners bc they deal with it as a pest problem and they not quit. also they not relate to the pests as if they were actual people requiring a level of tolerance/forgiveness or rational something something. they just smash them like they do rl pests

can do that way in SL. you have a banhammer. so use it and smash them with it

+

when you do this then if the pests persist then they will end up do something total unequivocal wrong. like they will use a homebrew viewer to evade your banhammer. pests are like that. they cant help it

when they do then is doom for them. linden will account ban anyone using an evader. if alting then hardware banning follows

+

so the way to smash pests off your land for good and final is: banhammer them yourself. then if they evade ban then file a ticket about that. linden will smash them after that for sure

but if you dont banhammer on your own land using the tools provided exactly for that purpose by linden then linden wont banhammer either. like they wont shoot if you dont

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.