Griefers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

July 22, 2012 01.jpg

July 22, 2012 02.jpg

July 22, 2012 03.jpg

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Oh and before you reply, I am in Ahern as I type this (one of the Welcome Area's I frequent weekly) and it's..well, the usual regulars bantering along.

I bet the Traffic in Ahern has doubled since Robert started this thread.

I went there this morning myself hoping to catch a glimpse of this Blue Horse!  I've never seen a Blue Horse in SL, much less one that was masterbating. 

Alas, the only thing of interest I saw was this cute little Furry doing a Tango by herself.

Robert69 Little wrote:

who the hell said anything about a "blue" horse.. I never mentioned any color.

You're right - my bad - you didn't mention the horse was blue.

You mentioned horse, only horse.

I must have been having a flashback to 2008, when I first realised that blue horses could be quite affectionate.

blue horse.jpg

If the horse avatar at Ahern was mesh, I would not have been able to view it, so would have been unaware of what he was doing.  I did hear someone say "put that away", when I was at Ahern, but I admit I was falling asleep, with the lateness of the hour for me, and the fact it was just so dull and boring.

Robert69 Little wrote:

Nice video footage, Robert.

I mean it.

And I did not see you standing there because I obviously had my camera focus elsewhere.  I alt viewed each individual in turn, but did focus mostly on the ones who were actively on voice.  After a while of hearing the "f" word, it becomes a bit like a car alarm, in that the brain automatically filters it out. 

The masturbating goat is, I feel, more of a goat-like creature.  I agree it is not acceptable.  I agree that this is not acceptable behaviour in a PG area, and I agree that expletives like the "f" word etc., should not be used in a PG area. 

However, I do not agree with your need - or anyone else's need - to make it an obsession.  As I keep saying, your methods are actually just adding fuel to the fire. 

What is needed is an AR whenever anything inappropriate occurs, and then leave it at that. If Linden Lab choose not to take action, then you have to accept their choice and move on. 

Did you come into Second Life to become a vigilante? I know I certainly did not.

Just a little afterthought, Robert69.

Have you tried contacting the CEO of Linden Lab directly? Send him a message via his Second Life Feed, with the video link. Or invite him to accompany you to any of the welcome areas in Second Life.

Why bother with us at pleb level, when you can go to the top.

In 2008, I had several concerns about certain activities in Second Life, and invited the then CEO to come and see my world.  He sent a representative Linden person, and I gave them a guided tour.  Certain policies were made clear to me, I understood more, and I was able to properly show the Linden my concerns.  It became a healthy two-way street of communication.

All this fighting on the forums between residents is really not helping, and certainly, all that shouting and criticising in open chat over in the welcome areas is only feeding the griefers, amusing the locals, and scaring off the newbies.

Robert69 Little wrote:

who the hell said anything about a "blue" horse.. I never mentioned any color.

I stand corrected, I picked up the color from Marigold.

I took a brief look at your Video.  Per the TOS that Ava should be banned.  I hope you included a screenshot in your AR.  At best he was getting a good laugh watching peoples reaction.  At worst he was being pretty sick.

I am still going to echo what others have said here. By personally challenging that Ava you fed the Goat and made your self a target. 

I've never personally witnessed an event like this but have seen over the years a few what I would refer to as 'minor annoyances.'  Report and then Ignore is still your best course of action. 

I am a long time resident of SL and this thread just came to my attention. I have been hanging out in Ahern for almost 9 years. And have made some long time friends in ahern. Not everyone is a griefer Robert, in fact i had just saw you in ahern this evening sturing the pot with a few people there. Oh and btw..they stopped directing new residents to that specific welcome area for a few years now. Grow up Robert and learn how to use the tools that came with your account. Not everyone at Ahern is like that.

Aces

Aces Spade wrote:

... i had just saw you in ahern this evening sturing the pot...

I'm sure it will come as a huge shock to everybody if/when there is further escalation of hostilities.

@Robert: Once again... That is not "minding your own business." That is making yourself a target.

You enjoy that.

Robert69 Little wrote:

as though I have not rights to go to Ahern without being subjected to abuse.. my avatar is deformed as I type.. do I expect Linden Lab to help on yet another AR filed?  Not hardly.

Ahern Welcome Area

Come and see for yourself.

Linden Lab are not your mum and dad. Start to grow up and act responsibly and you will not make yourself such a target to 'griefers' (also known as people having fun because you make it fun for them).

Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish!

Robert69 Little wrote:

as though I have not rights to go to Ahern without being subjected to abuse.. my avatar is deformed as I type.. do I expect Linden Lab to help on yet another AR filed?  Not hardly.

Ahern Welcome Area

Come and see for yourself.

I am there now, and see one deformed and annoyingly flying around avatar: you.

You are being ignored by everybody btw, you are not getting any attention at all. I think it wont take long before someone AR's you for disturbing the peace or something...

So, I am in Ahern for over half an hour now. Ppl are chatting in voice about family/holidays and normal daily stuff in normal conversation (boooooring) , its quiet in local chat..and look who stands here, on a horse, with a gun and some protest sign, completely being ignored by everybody. Oh, look it's Robert69 Little.

Looking for attention much?

robert69_ahern_001.png

I spent more than an hour in Ahern, am about to leave now. I have witnessed the OP being the only griefer in this whole epsiode, up to a point where the regulars finally talked to him...as they got sick by his jumping around while they were having a normal conversation and (oh shock and horror) were helping new residents!

Well done Robert, great show....but a bit boring. Do as the ppl in Ahern suggested and get yourself some land to play on.

OOps, not meant as a reply to Katt, but to OP, sorry I must have hit the wrong button (again..).

Robert69 Little wrote:

So I don't have any rights to sit at a welcome area on my horse holding a protest sign?  But it's ok for someone to deform my avatar and abuse me and attack my venue for 5 weeks... gotcha.

You are provoking and the deforming is something you do all by yourself.

Not buying it, have been observing you and your actions for over an hour, it's obvious you are the griefer. I was surprised they ignored your begging for attention so long to be honest, the ppl in ahern sure have patience with you.

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Robert69 Little wrote:

So I don't have any rights to sit at a welcome area on my horse holding a protest sign?  But it's ok for someone to deform my avatar and abuse me and attack my venue for 5 weeks... gotcha.

You are provoking and the deforming is something you do all by yourself.

Not buying it, have been observing you and your actions for over an hour, it's obvious you are the griefer. I was surprised they ignored your begging for attention so long to be honest, the ppl in ahern sure have patience with you.

When I was young and had started to get involved with the Civil Rights Movement, one day after listening to me parrot some comments I had heard in a speech, my Father looked at me and said, "Be careful that you don't become the thing that you are protesting against."  It was very good advise.

I will not come to the forums only to endure more harassments.. I have captured and posted the abuse I have endured during the past 5 weeks on my own blog,,those videos will speak for themself.

As a sl "helper" mentioned to me a few hours ago...and I quote:

the forums are for trolls fools and idiots robert,do not go there.

(unquote)

needless to say.. I must agree with them.....there was no compassion, concerns nor help here..none.. other tham to hold me at faults for being griefed.. when all I did was to open a music venue... I can clearly understand why LL doesn't read the forums now.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

We popped over to Ahern to see what the fuss was all about.  There you were, sitting on a horse, holding a double-barreled shotgun and a huge, ridiculous-looking sign.  If that's not a prime example of griefer
bait
, I don't know what is.

Are you sure you're a grownup?

Same as yesterday, I watched him for over an hour and when he gets ignored too long..he does the deformer-trick and spams some link to a blog in local chat....So I guess this is a daily show? I've seen it and do not recommend it :P.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.