Newbie trying to fix up avatar. please please help.

SpeciallyMade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so i have my avi, just got a SL about a 2 days ago. Everytime i try to take her underwear and undershirt off to put on a bra and bikini, it doesnt work. I cant get naked or anything, so if im wearing a bra and panties theres going to be white shirt and shorts underneath it.

How can i fix that??

Please help

Thank You

Welcome to SL :)

The skins that are in your library have the underwear baked on, you can't remove them.

You need to purchase a skin or at the very least find a reduced/freebie from one of the skin creators.  I'm not logged in now, but when I do, will send along some LM's to find such things...it will be later this evening

Good luck and have fun!

Hello.

Some of the starter avatars come with underwear as part of the skin.

You need to get a new skin.

You can find some in your Library or you can purchase some or you can find some for free.

Skins vary in price and quality, just like everything else. 

Here is a list of some things new avatars can get.

http://fabfree.wordpress.com/fabfree-30-days-list/

It is by no means a list of the only places, there are lots and lots more.

Also, some of the really good stores regularly give out gifts.

Also, check out the Second Life Fashion blogs, you will be able to see all sorts of looks and styles and maybe something you like.

The possibilities are endless.

Hey there, I agree with the previous post....most likely your wearing a default skin that SL gave you when you came into SL. There's tons of designers out there that have great skins as group gifts or just free that you can get. However for the love of god and all that is holy on the SL grid avoid bling, facelights, and butts so big that the song "I like big butts" applies heavily. None of the above are attractive in SL.

get a good skin as it would be your investment for starting SL, also a good shape that you can modify after when you get a litle bit better at SL

and Yes NO face lights, they are horrible, a good skin doesnt need facelight, thats totally noob behaviour

no bling!

only nice design jewellery would work

I know you can find a lot of freebies or hunt to start up, and go see some Second life blogs, you will have many ideas on style

I agree that an overly bright facelight can be an annoyance and a distraction and can make baby animals die, but I also think that if used correctly they have a purpose and can help one have a better Second Life experience.

Even flawless skin can use a bit of makeup now and then :P

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than using a facelight to enhance appearance of AVs, yours and others included, why not opt out of using the annoying facelight and instead add a "Sexy" lighting option.  It's easy and then everyone looks great!  Try the easy step by step below and enjoy! 

1) Navigate on your toolbar to     World > Environment Settings > Environment Editor and click on "Advanced Sky" and then “New” and save under a filename you remember, for example Sexy

2) On the Atmosphere Tab, update the settings as follow:
Blue Horizon:     R: 0.12,        G: 0.12,         B: 0.16,         I: 0.16
Haze Horizon:    0.09

Blue Density:     R: 0.32,        G: 0.59,         B: 1.00,         I: 1:00
Haze Density:   0.65

Density Multiplier:     0.18
Distance Multiplier:   2.0
Max Altitude:              188

3) On the Lighting Tab update the settings to:
Sun/Moon Color: R, G, B and I at       0.86
Sun/Moon Position:      0.000

Ambient:     R:0.67,        G:0.64,        B:0.63,        I:0.67

East Angle: 0.16

Sun Glow: Focus: 0.10       Size 1.75
Scene Gamma:     1.15
Star Brightness:  0.00

4) On the Clouds Tab, update the settings to:
Cloud Coverage:    0.13

5) Now click the "Save" button, and you're done!

Each time you relog or go to a new region, you'll need to open up the environment editor and select this new setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4308 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.