How do I get things showing in the login screen?

JobsFox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I see adverts for places in the login screen where I type in my username and password.

How do you get your own stuff to show in there? What are the steps, how is it ranked, and how do I go about it.

EDIT: Ok so some are about the destination guide. Does it also show the scheduled events too?

3 answers to this question

I believe what is shown is the Linden Lab showcased places from the Destination Guide, plus a selection of "What's Hot Now"...places that have, at that moment, a large number of avatars present.

To get into the showcase, you need to apply.  Then LL will scope out your place, and if they think it's worthy, add it to the rotation.

To see scheduled Events, log in and look at Events in the full Destination Guide/Search window, or check the Events calendar on this web site.

BTW, if you use Firestorm those destinations and events are in drop-down menus on the login screen.  I don't know if that's the case in V3, which I never use, but Firestorm's setup makes them very easy to ignore.  Easy enough, in fact, that I never even looked at them until this question appeared today.  :smileytongue:   I'd be mildly curious to find out, but I suspect that most Firestorm users just click through login without even noticing them, as I have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.