How can I create a spiral slide?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can't slide down a slide by yourself.  You have to sit on a physical object and let it slide down the slide.  It will have a tendency to sail over the edge, so you'll need to be sure that you design your slide like a luge run, with high sides where it's likely to go over.  You'll also want to set the buoyancy of the sliding object  < 1.0 so that it wants to go down, rather than flying up or staying at the same elevation.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Vehicle_Tutorial for tips on creating VEHICLE_TYPE_SLED.

• Like 1

Hi Bedlam,

I sent you a quick prototype of a spiral slide with an exit chute. It'll need sanding and paint (and resizing) but should give you an idea how it's done with prims (two). I think you should be able to slide down it on a "sled" prim. As Rolig said, you may have to adjust the profile cut to make the outside wall high enough you don't go over it (I set it to a value I think will work, but you'll have to try it..

Tear it apart, examine the numbers, play with them, get a feel for how it works and have fun! 

Maddy

• Like 1

I made one that seems to work. Tube, hollow = 80%, skew = 0.95; hole = 1.0, 0.3; profile cut = 0.025, 0.725; revolutions = 4.0; size = 15 x 5 x 5; rotate y 270. Sled is a cylinder 1 x 1 x 0.3; friction = 0.02. Put it at the top non-physical, sit on it, then set it to physical and release.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4317 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.