Backup of my inventory

JarlishtariAbeyante

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, i am thinking in cancel my account but i want save my inventory before. I liked save all the objects of my inventory in my pc,Is it possible with some software? or only can save the items what you created and be full perms?

Last question... if i get save my inventory,must load it in the same avatar or can load it in a new avatar? Thank you

4 answers to this question

The only things you will be able to save are the things that you can transfer to another avatar in world. You can copy full perm textures and scripts to your desktop, but that's all you can transfer out of SL. If you have an alt or a very good friend who agrees to watch your stuff (and give it back later), then you can at leave preserve that much in world when you close your account.  Anything that's non-transferable is toast, though.

• Like 1

There are two ways to free content from an avatar:

1. Sharing Content (transferrable content only!)

Alternative SL viewers like Firestorm and Dolphin have Inventory features that allow you to more easily assign, identify and corral items in your inventory with 'transfer' permissions. Those items can be collected into piles of 100 or so and dropped into the contents of a cube or other prim that you create with the Build wand.

That cube can be given to another avatar using the 'Share' feature. Sharing prims full of objects isn't fully tested, but as long as you have a freshly booted computer and a stable Internet session you should be okay. Please note that the Build window is really bad at refreshing the view of what you drag into your cube; patience and re-engaging Edit mode on the cube are advisable.

2. Creating Content

If you learn to build you may enjoy designing and uploading your own Second Life content. You will find many others doing the same in SL, blogs and YouTube video tutorials.

Some good  searches include:

• building Second Life
  • textures Second Life
  • clothing Second Life
  • vidtuts Second Life
  • LSL scripting
  • uploading mesh Second Life

If you do not take to it you will at least meet lots of lovely folks along the way. If you do build extensively, your work can be uploaded to every avatar you create. (this incurs a moderate amount of expense.) Do try to be interesting and original, though; uploading or assembling copyrighted things is prohibited in Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.