Why do i have 0 followers?

danicah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

According to my web profile i have 88 Friends, 4 "following" and 0 "Followers", why is that?

I thought new friends/contacts are automatically following me?

My settings allow "second life" to follow me. And everybody can see my feed.

But why do i have 0 followers then?

They changed it so you have to explicitly choose to follow someone. Many people did not like the idea of everyone on their friend list becoming an instant cyber-stalker. So they won't be following you unless they choose to follow you.

Also, lots of people in SL are less than enthusiastic about the Facebook-style follow  and feeds, and disable that feature in their own profile.

danicah wrote:

According to my web profile i have 88 Friends, 4 "following" and 0 "Followers", why is that?

I thought new friends/contacts are automatically following me?

My settings allow "second life" to follow me. And everybody can see my feed.

But why do i have 0 followers then?

Any friend automatically 'follows' you.  You have no followers but your friends.    

In addition to Ceera's great answer

If you had followers in the past, they have the ability to stop following you. Many people didn't realize they were following people and when they found out went to their web profile and stopped it.

If you want people to follow you you should invite them to do so.  However, don't be offended if they decline. Most people I know don't like the facebook type features and don't participate.  It is nothing personal and shouldn't be taken as that they don't wish to be your friend.

Ceera Murakami wrote:

They changed it so you have to explicitly choose to follow someone. Many people did not like the idea of everyone on their friend list becoming an instant cyber-stalker. So they won't be following you unless they choose to follow you.

Also, lots of people in SL are less than enthusiastic about the Facebook-style follow  and feeds, and disable that feature in their own profile.

This^^ I didn't even know this "feature" existed until several months ago I got an email from SL saying some avatar I'd never met and whom I'd never friended was "following me."  That kind of creeped me out.  Turns out the "follower" was someone to whom I'd responded with help on one of the forums...1 post...and then I'm followed.  Asked a friend about that and when I found it I turned that off so fast!!!

Storm Clarence wrote:

Your friends automatically follow you, unless they have their feed locked.  You can unfollow a friend or you can remove the friend from your list.  Friends do not 'count' as followers, but they get to read what you post to your board ergo following.    

What board???

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Your friends automatically follow you, unless they have their feed locked.  You can unfollow a friend or you can remove the friend from your list.  Friends do not 'count' as followers, but they get to read what you post to your board ergo following.    

What board???

my.secondlife.com  

PS Board should read as *wall* in FB nomenclature I guess.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

What board???

my.secondlife.com  

PS Board should read as *wall* in FB nomenclature I guess.  

Geez...guess I need to go check that site out more closely.  I didn't even know THAT existed until friend who told me how to get rid of follower clued me in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.