so slow even in seing every thing arround me

celibat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i can't enjoy sl as before i'm so slow can't walk nor dance i'm so slow even in writing in friends IM when loading i should wait too much time to sdee everything around me please help me  and thank's alot

5 answers to this question

Lag is lag, there is not much we can do about it.  

I can suggest several things maybe they will help.  In your preferences:

Graphics Tab - select MID setting

Graphics Tab>Advanced - lower your draw distance to 60

Graphics Tab>Advanced - disable shadows, water reflection to minimal, avatars rendered 7

Network Tab - raise or lower you bandwidth to ~2500 kilobits (kbps)

Network Tab - raise your cache size to >1024 mb

None of these are guaranteed to reduce lag as much depends on the lag issues, but give it a try and see if your experience gets a little better.  

Hi celibat.

You say you can't enjoy SL as before so I'm assuming you were ok until recently. When did this problem start?

It would help us to help you if you posted your computer specifications from Login screen > Help > About Second Life. Thenn using Options > Edit to the right of your post, copy/paste the details in.

If using an ATI card, some cards are known to be seriously affected by having Vertex Buffer Objects enabled in Preferences > Graphics > Hardware > Enable OpenGL vertex buffer objects (but only with the official viewer, not TPVs). It can decimate FPS to about 3 or 4 frames per second leaving one barely able to move or do anything. However, I would have expected that to be apparent with the first mesh viewers and not now. 

In addition to Storm's great answer, always use a wired connection and not wireless. How good is your network connection and what is your ping time when in SL (press CTRL+ALT+1 to get the Stats window)?

Nobody has suggested simply clearing your cache. If it was working fine before for you, it might be that simple. As far as bandwidthy going to 2500 on a wireless connection won't help anything. After clearing your cache log into a low lag sim, say Plum or Lime,  just type that in to the location box when you log in.

If that doesn't help you try going here http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-improve-Viewer-performance/ta-p/1316923

Good Luck 

Unless you know you have a cache corruption problem, avoid clearing the cache. Doing so will slow the computer as it has to re-download everything. Clearing the cache is an old 'fix all' that is out of date. In 2011 a new caching system was added and downloading changed over to HTTP which is an error correcting protocol. So, large caches without a slow down are possible as they are indexed. Corruption is rare because of the change in protocol.

There are several possible causes for a slow down. The most likely are connection issues and SL server issues. Your first step is to figure out if it is you or SL. I explain how to do that in: Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection. It will show you how to check the SL server performance and your connection specifically to SL.

Viewer performance is very much affected by other programs running on your computer. So, make sure you have not picked up some malware. Several different 'search replacement' Trojans interfere with your connections.

When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

In case you are in the West Coast of the USA (especially around the Bay Area) there have been many reported issues with ISP connections being abomably slow the last couple of days. If this is the case for you, it is not SL or "you" and hopefully it will clear up soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.