Phoenix Viewer for marketplace sellers?

Aluviel Nakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All,

I used to sell items on the sl exchange and I see now that im ready to do it again the market place is a bit different.

I am trying to put Folders of outfits I want to sell in the merchant  outbox.  

According to the directions it says to:  "

1. Organize items into folders in the Merchant outbox if they are meant to be sold together.  You do not need to box items in order to sell more than one item in a single listing on the Marketplace.
  2. Click the Send to Marketplace button to upload all items from your Merchant outbox to the Marketplace website."

Umm ok so where is this famous Send to market place button? I don't see it.

I tried right clicking on the folder on the actual items in the folder..I am just lost here... There isn't a send to button on the merchant page either...

Is this just a screwed up phoenix thing?

Yes indeed and others. I've just given up trying to make alternate suggestions as all too often such suggestions were met with as many reasons as possible as to why none of them could possibly work. Hence my direct answer to the question. No support in Phoenix for Merchant outbox send to MP at present. :)

as i understand it Phoenix will never have a merchant outbox but can recieve direct delivery items if you want to use the DD merchant outbox you need Firestom after some initial teething prolems trying to get the merchant outbox to work everythings been just peachy and i have no issues sending stuff to the markeplace using the merchant outbox

Claireschen Hesten wrote:

as i understand it Phoenix will never have a merchant outbox but can recieve direct delivery items if you want to use the DD merchant outbox you need Firestom after some initial teething prolems trying to get the merchant outbox to work everythings been just peachy and i have no issues sending stuff to the markeplace using the merchant outbox

Interestingly, the Phoenix version I'm using (1.5.2.1185 - the one previous to the current Phoenix viewer that requires a PC graphics card with SSE2 compatibility) has a Merchant Outbox folder.  It popped up out of the blue about 3 weeks or so after DD went live.  Another thread on this forum mentions that Phoenix will "eventually" be compatible with DD, but I would imagine it would be the newer version when/if that happens.

Thus I find it very curious that I have a Merchant Outbox folder in my older version of Phoenix.  At this point, anything that happens with SL doesn't surprise me. ;)

It's not a surprise that there's a Merchant outbox in phoenix because it's just a systme folder.  What is lacking and has always been lacking is the program code to send the content to Marketplace.  Simple lack of code that's all.  The phoenix team had stated in a thread on SLU that LL failed to tell them that DD was in this release of code, same for other 3rd party developers.  A simple case of Oz Linden not talking to the Commerce team according to some.

It was suggested on the thread at SLU (I forget the thread detail) that Phoenix outbox support would be added at some point.

Sassy Romano wrote:

It's not a surprise that there's a Merchant outbox in phoenix because it's just a systme folder.  What is lacking and has always been lacking is the program code to send the content to Marketplace.  Simple lack of code that's all.  The phoenix team had stated in a thread on SLU that LL failed to tell them that DD was in this release of code, same for other 3rd party developers.  A simple case of Oz Linden not talking to the Commerce team according to some.

It was suggested on the thread at SLU (I forget the thread detail) that Phoenix outbox support would be added at some point.

Right...I recall you mentioning that and was likely the thread I referred to.  The thing that surprised me was not just the Merchant Outbox being in Phoenix, but that it appeared about 3 weeks or so after DD went live, but that could tie in to the lack of Oz communicating to the Phoenix team so they (Phoenix) added the Merchant Outbox when they found out.  Just postulating, of course.  Considering it's non-functional and, at least in the older version of Phoenix that I am using, will likely never be, it just sort of sits there and mocks me...lol. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.