Remote die script?????

thedoctor2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I need a script that can go in a HUD menu and derez a seperate object. I know i need to use start_param and in the listen event call die, but i dont know how. Much appreciated. Also is it possible to make it work over different regions, i.e. i could be in one region and derez my object thats in another.

3 answers to this question

As others have explained to you earlier, if you want someone to write a script for you, post your request in the Inworld Employment section of the Commerce forum.  If you want to learn how to use specific LSL functions to write your own script, use the LSL Portal. In particular, you need to read about the on_rez event and the llDie function.  Before you get to that stage, however, I recommend taking a scripting class in world at a place like Builder's Brewery, or at least following some of the tutorials at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial.

• Like 1

You can either learn more about LSL or dig through a Script Library and find something that does what you want.

There is a group named College of Scripting and Music that has a building in SL. They have 6 or 7 floors of... posters... visiual examples of each LSL function and how they are used. In some cases they have working examples to show the functions in action. It makes learning scripting much easier.

Builders Brewery is a group that teaches building and scripting in-world. There are a number of groups that teach scripting. 

A free program LSLEditor makes scripting much easier, IMO. It has some bugs but is the best debugging tool I have found. The manual is a bit weak on how to build projects (multiple scripts that work together). For anything other than projects it is intuitive.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4380 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.