Can't see drawn weapons

Julius Chiantelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I don't gameplay weapons on SL - just use them for RP (and clearly not very often) but I have the following issue.

When a weapon is holstered or in a scabbard then I see it - but as soon as I draw it (put it in my hand) it becomes invisible in my hand.

It appears as an invisible prim - I don't have many weapons (about 6 ish) and all but a single pistol do this.

Can't help thinking I have missed something obvious but all my searches come up empty, so I am hoping you guys can help.

I have tried to use these in a variety of places including my Linden home and on different viewers. I have not done any exhaustive tests yet because I hoping that you guys know the answer :)

Any feedback will be most appreciated :)

Julius Chiantelle wrote:

Hello,

I don't gameplay weapons on SL - just use them for RP (and clearly not very often) but I have the following issue.

When a weapon is holstered or in a scabbard then I see it - but as soon as I draw it (put it in my hand) it becomes invisible in my hand.

It appears as an invisible prim - I don't have many weapons (about 6 ish) and all but a single pistol do this.

Can't help thinking I have missed something obvious but all my searches come up empty, so I am hoping you guys can help.

I have tried to use these in a variety of places including my Linden home and on different viewers. I have not done any exhaustive tests yet because I hoping that you guys know the answer
:)

Any feedback will be most appreciated

Maybe I am suggesting the obvious, but are you wearing two items per weapon (holster and pistols, sheath and sword for instance)

For my katana's , I have to wear the sheath and the sword both. The sword only turns visible the moment I am drawing it, but when it is 'sheathed' it is still in my hand (invisible then). If I only wear the sheath, indeed nothig happens when I draw the sword :).

Julius Chiantelle wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to use these in a variety of places including my Linden home and on different viewers. I have not done any exhaustive tests yet because I hoping that you guys know the answer

Any feedback will be most appreciated

Is this something new or has it happened wince you bought them? If It's a new development, I would contact the creators. If it has been going on since you bought them it could be a glitch with your viewer. What do other people see? I would be happy to check them out inworld if you want.. shoot me an IM.

I'll agree with Caitlin. Sounds like you forgot to also wear the part that puts a sword or pistol in your hand, normally invisible when sheathed, and made visible when drawn.

If you are wearing the right invisible part on your hand, highlight transparent should let you see its shape, to confirm you wore the right thing. If it's suppoosed to be a sword, and if highlight transparent makes it looik like you have a sword in that hand, but it isn't responding to the draw and sheath commands, then scripts in the hand-held part might not be active, and may need to be restarted.

Most Weapons work this way:

Lets say you have a right handed pistol. You need to wear 2 pistols. The holstered one on your hip for example and the drawn one in your hand.

If you draw the weapon, the holstered one becomes invisible and the one in your hand becomes visible. Draw animation and sound will make it look like you really draw it. If you holster the visibilities exchange.

Version 2:

You wear only a holstered weapon. If you draw it, the holstered gun will rez the drawn gun and become invisible. The rezzed gun will attach to your hand. Works only if you can rez of course and has other disadvantages too.

A big Thanks to all who replied so quickly :)

I think is the obvious I am missing and although I can't try it right now - I suspect I am not wearing both instances of the weapon (holstered and drawn) I am just trying to wear one or the other (I think - sounds right to me).

I believe now that the weapon defaults to holstered such that when I wear the drawn instance it is invisible until I activate the draw animation which I don't believe I am doing correctly.

Will confirm later today - again thanks for all your input

Julius

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.